FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- St Mirren : Matchday Thread

Scotty

I saw this coming. Its just typical of ICT to fall flat in the games they should be taking points. Am not too worried, and to be honest...i think it will do us good, and bring the team down to earth and remind them that theres more to this league than just raising your game against the top teams. Still....all in all....the good games against OF etc mean nothing if you cant take points from the "lesser" teams

• Agree 1

Negatives:

An awful match to watch

Their midfield overran Duncan, Cox and Ross

We had less width than Kate Moss' waist

Munro looked terrified of Dargo's pace - his hesitancy out on the touchline in the build up to the first goal was criminal

Tokely looked bossed by Higdon

Too many experienced players didn't turn up today - in addition to the centre-backs, I thought Duff, Duncan and Foran were all really poor today

Yet again, the ref was inept - tooting his whistle every time Higdon collapsed theatrically, whilst allowing non-stop wrestling and shirt-tugging of our players. Bring back the foreign officials

We need Jonny Hayes back, and fast.

deleted the freezing bit as it was roasting compared to aviemore of late,buyt will add having to take a **** in the dark!

St Mirren fully deserved their win. We were fortunate to have the lead for as long as we did, and their equaliser was always on the cards before half time. Too many aimless punts up to Rooney, and too many misplaced passes from midfield. They dominated midfield and picked up every second ball. Higdon and Dargo had Tokely and Munro in their back pockets, and if it hadn't been for Esson, the game would've been over long before it eventually was.

A bad day at the office, just hope Hayes is back for Weds, as we seriously missed his creativity.

Butcher's policy on substituting is just bizarre. Halfway through the second half, when we thought a draw was the least we would get, but wanted the win, the game was crying out for some fresh legs and a change of tack. Midden brought on two subs who were able to keep running at us. Butcher waited till near the end to bring on Eric, who hardly got a touch in the time available, and brought Blumenwhatsit on with about a minute to go! What a waste of players on the bench who might have changed the game for the better.

• Agree 1

St Mirren played very well today from about midway through the first half. Difficult to take many positives from this one, except that it was probably Shane Sutherland's best ever performance for ICT.

I would have said he should have just shaded Shinnie and Ross for the sponsors' the MoM award.

At least our year long unbeaten away from home run is still intact.

absolutely hopeless. going undefeated against the old firm counts for nothing if you get turned over at home by st mirren.

4-5-1 at home against a team with 3 wins all season come on terry the punters deserve better. St mirren totally dominated and if it wasn't for Ryan Esson could have been a right spanking.

Gutted

absolutely hopeless. going undefeated against the old firm counts for nothing if you get turned over at home by st mirren.

4-5-1 at home against a team with 3 wins all season come on terry the punters deserve better. St mirren totally dominated and if it wasn't for Ryan Esson could have been a right spanking.

Gutted

Yes and no. It's great to take points off the infirm but St Mirren are in the relegation zone. I thought they would travel north to battle for a win - especially with 'ol Craig Brown taking over the sheep. Killie will be a tough game now. They're the best footballing side in the SPL at the moment IMHO.

Still in shock over this game but fair play to st mirren for getting the 3 points the day. We just didnt show up. Well done to young sutherland who played his heart out i thought he should have being the MOM.

Why did Butcher leave it so late to bring a sub on?

Well that was crap. I had been looking forward to getting home for christmas and getting a couple of games in but thats left me slightly deflated. Frustratingly it also seems to have undone all of the good work over the last four weeks.

I think today finally showed up the lack of options within the squad. All season we have really relied on just 12-14 players and they really looked tired today. I think all of the football that the small squad has played just caught up with them and it was a bad day at the office. Hopefully, we can get a couple of additions in January to freshen up the squad and provide extra opportunities for rotation otherwise we will find it difficult to maintain our lofty position.

Shane did well for his first start, though am still no a fan. excellent to see so many youngsters on the pitch. A very bad day at the office to say the least. I just didn't feel it at all!

However I must say the hospitality was well done today so I'd like to say thank you Tabatha for organizing it :twothumbsup: and to the rest for making it a good day for all!

Can't really disagree with what Hislopoffsidesagain says. St. Mirren were better than I thought they would be. Dargo was a right handful and we never got to grips with him or Higdon. Had it not been for Esson we would have lost that about 4 - 1. Clearly our MotM today. Cox did well to follow up the deflected Foran shot but after he was booked then fouled another Saints player he was invisible as he couldn't get involved in the middle of the park any more. Cracking Saints equaliser all coming from ICT being unable to break down the Saints defence and turning over possession. Rapid break from Dargo who teed up Thomson and he unleashed a rocket into the roof of the net. Wonderful strike.

Second half we had more of the ball but didn't create the clear cut chances that the Buddies had done in the first half. Rooney, Foran and Ross all guilty of passing up half decent chances. Unlucky with the winner as I am sure the original strike was going wide until it was deflected in past a stranded Esson. Very much a Christmas hangover on show for ICT today and we will need to seriously sharpen up for Wednesday.

I am sick and tired of these inept Scottish officials and I really wish they would f**k off. Craig Thompson was atrocious as per usual today best highlighted by a shocking two footed lunge on Rooney by Cregg which warranted a straight red but for some reason he was only booked. Big penalty shout at the end which went ignored as well. Looked a good claim to me in the North Stand.

Well that was crap. I had been looking forward to getting home for christmas and getting a couple of games in but thats left me slightly deflated. Frustratingly it also seems to have undone all of the good work over the last four weeks.

I think today finally showed up the lack of options within the squad. All season we have really relied on just 12-14 players and they really looked tired today. I think all of the football that the small squad has played just caught up with them and it was a bad day at the office. Hopefully, we can get a couple of additions in January to freshen up the squad and provide extra opportunities for rotation otherwise we will find it difficult to maintain our lofty position.

I think tiredness played a large part in todays performance/result. We started strong in both halves and then faded from there....although we faded far faster in the second half.

Not being complacent, but we maybe should have looked to todays game to rest a few players...even if it hadn't gone to plan, the result wouldn't have been any worse (but hindsight is a great thing).

My only concern is that if we're suffering from fatigue then it's going to carry through the next few games until we get a break....anyone up for heading down to shovel all the snow back on to the pitch so the guys get a rest?

From the horses mouth...Hayes will be out for 3 weeks. If there is a plan B now is the time to evoke it.

As above to all the criticisms, plus...shooting...after the departure of Hart, and more recently Imrie, we have been seeing a lot more shots go on target. Did the Smirren keeper have anything to do in the 2nd half. The ballboys in the Northstand did. Too many leaning back. Special note for Russel, who scored a cracker a few weeks back; we thought the Row Z ball was a think of the past, till today.

Ha n the midden keeper kicking off at the kids at full time made me chuckle... bad day at the office, we all have them.

In fairness I don't blame him. If I was having snowballs thrown at me I wouldn't be overly chuffed.

I am sick and tired of these inept Scottish officials and I really wish they would f**k off. Craig Thompson was atrocious as per usual today best highlighted by a shocking two footed lunge on Rooney by Cregg which warranted a straight red but for some reason he was only booked. Big penalty shout at the end which went ignored as well. Looked a good claim to me in the North Stand.

I thought the ref had a poor one as well with far too much holding and shirt pulling on Rooney going unpunished. I don't know if Rooney got a new fragrenced body spray for Christmas but the defenders couldn't keep their hands off him. Perhaps Adam should refrain from showering again till after Wednesday night - that might keep the Killie defenders at arms length.

As for the penalty, it was a clear handball but the ref was unsighted and couldn't have given it.

As for the penalty, it was a clear handball but the ref was unsighted and couldn't have given it.

That's where his assistant should have come into action. Unfortunately he looks to be one of your typically spineless officials who won't give anything until the referee gives it at which point he also waves his flag in the same direction.