FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ryan Christie

Big G

Charlie knows the game and I'm sure the club wouldn't be stupid enough to try and get the boy on the cheap. He's one of the best prospects I've seen in many years and certainly the best we've had in our short history. The boy is also pretty academic with 6 straight A's in his Highers a couple of years ago so he isn't the typical professional footballer who has very little to fall back on. Good luck to the lad because I know his old man was a hard taskmaster when it came to his football and studies. Good upbringing and the boy deserves all the success he achieves through hard work and keeping his feet firmly on the ground.

• Agree 3

Delighted to hear; I'm really excited to see what the next season brings with potentially more regular starts. 

Disappointed he never made the cut for the Scotland under 19s squad v England later in the month, but if you look at the strength of the team it was a hard one to get into. Certainly much stronger a squad than the Scotland U21s!  

Great news. Hes one of the most promising youngsters weve had in a long time. If he carries on progressing he will become an integral part of this club.

• Agree 1

Chicory Tip, Brilliant Ten 4. Fantastic news for the club and good to listen to Christie juniors' interview on the club twitter - seems like a very level headed young man. Sincerely hope he fulfils his real potential and agree with Caleyboy that he's possibly the brightest young player the club have ever produced. Also had a chuckle at Iamthecaptain1! - 'decent wee player'! what an understatement and perhaps indicative of how little some fans value top notch home grown quality. If the club can get Graeme Shinnie to sign up longer term I feel the future could be very bright for the club.