Board Meeting

So, according to the Inverness Courier (in an article I can't actually access as it needs subscription 🙄), there is a board meeting to determine where we go from here so I wonder what is on the agenda and when we're likely to get any info or statement from the chairman because my guess is it won't be until 5pm or even Tuesday unless it gets leaked by the tabloids 🙄.

The fact there is no post match interview could be a telling factor in Duncan's future so hopefully Scot Gardiner is also punted.  I'm unsure on my stance regarding Ross Morrison because if he went to then who'd lead us, who's the vice chairman and are they capable of becoming chairman!?

Tomorrow is going to be a very telling day but, as has been mentioned in the P and J, the CORRECT decisions have to made of we are to ever recover and NOT become the next Falkirk!

• Agree 1

The difference between us and Falkirk going down is that they will still get backed by crowds at least double what we are getting (or rather claim we are getting). I haven't made a home game this season but the highlights show a very sparse home attendance. At times it barely looks like it is into four figures. A slide into League One is only going to see that reduce further. Probably time to think about closing the North and South stands given the average away crowd in that league will be something like 17.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Close the North Stand and you will lose even more season ticket holders. I for one would not renew to end up in the front or side wings where the weather etc gets to you. I can’t imagine I’d be the only one 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, jagster said:

Close the North Stand and you will lose even more season ticket holders. I for one would not renew to end up in the front or side wings where the weather etc gets to you. I can’t imagine I’d be the only one 

Fair point. But there doesn't seem to be much sense in keeping these stands open when they are barely half full most of the time. Maybe we could save some money by getting rid of a certain CEO...

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, jagster said:

Me too. Add to above the winter low sun. Your arm aching trying to cover your eyes to see the game. I remember one night game, (partick cup replay? Pitch was unplayable) . My old man was in the main stand while the rest of us were cosy in the packed enclosure behind the north goals we had pre north stand. Sent my nephew to go get his granda and he squeezed in beside us.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

Me too. Add to above the winter low sun. Your arm aching trying to cover your eyes to see the game. I remember one night game, (partick cup replay? Pitch was unplayable) . My old man was in the main stand while the rest of us were cosy in the packed enclosure behind the north goals we had pre north stand. Sent my nephew to go get his granda and he squeezed in beside us.

I agree with jagster and bishbashbosh on this one. I spent one season in the main stand well under cover where the view of the pitch is better but in the winter it was so bloody cold 🥶 I then moved to the west side standing which was better even if it rained. 
Since the north stand was built I have been there and if it closes I won’t renew either. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, CaleyTennis85 said:

So, according to the Inverness Courier (in an article I can't actually access as it needs subscription 🙄), there is a board meeting to determine where we go from here

Drawing straws to see who tells Big Dunc that he's fired?

• Funny 2

Sadly there seems as though redundancy will be discussed. I cannot imagine any team needs a highly paid Chief Executive in League 1.  However, if he is to leave, it has to be done fairly...'You must be selected for redundancy in a fair way, for example because of your level of experience or capability to do the job'. It is likely that the Club's legal advisers will be present to advise on the next steps. Company accountants key as well.

2 hours ago, jagster said:

Same here although I'm not renewing till Gardiner gone anyway 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

I cannot imagine any team needs a highly paid Chief Executive in League 1.

Absolutely, the role is one that we just cannot afford. The irony is that if Administration is at all on the cards, he would be the club’s expert on that given his background and no doubt having closely followed every detail of what happened at Rangers!

The Board have dug themselves into a hole.  The big issue for them has not been whether we will be relegated or not, it is whether the Battery Storage proposal will finally get through.  That may take a few more months for a decision to be made, after which, the ICT Battery Storage company (i.e, Morrison and Munro) will have to find a new buyer after the original £3.5m contract buyer pulled out.  Then, once the sale is complete, there is the issue of the secured loans which club directors have made to the club.  The club may have to pay these back in full unless the Directors feel they can afford not to call in the loan.  These are big uncertainties.  

I am heartily sick of this big business approach to running the football club.  I am certainly not opposed to the general concept of having some non-footballing initiatives to help boost the coffers, but first and foremost we should be having the club as a community football club.   The club should be a focus for the local community and money should be spent on making the stadium a welcoming place where people want to come to.  The current management have alienated so many local people who would be either potential regular supporters or who would be happy to contribute financially.  Whatever happened to the concept of "Togetherness"?  It has been them and us for quite a while now.  

I very much doubt that the outcome of the Board meeting will produce the radical change of direction and personnel that is required.   They will maybe just decide to use some different shovels.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Well Said 8

There still hasn't been any kind of appeal lodged with the DPEA. You have three months from the decision date to lodge the appeal which means that they are running out of time to get something in.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Absolutely, the role is one that we just cannot afford. The irony is that if Administration is at all on the cards, he would be the club’s expert on that given his background and no doubt having closely followed every detail of what happened at Rangers!

Doesn't have any face painters to pay off this time, so we're sound as a pound in his eyes

• Funny 1

I think DoofersDad has hit the nail on the head. I don't disagree that the football club needs to be professional and act as such looking for fininancial backing at big level. However big business doesn't particularly work for a club of our stature. Where is the local investment, from us and from them? The club has not engaged with the local community, city centre or other. What happened to the volunteer base? Not warranted, or alienated to not return. Certain individuals haven't acted on the best interests of this club, community and more.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I know I shouldn’t be surprised but I genuinely cannot believe the club hasn’t issued some kind of statement! Even if it was just to acknowledge fans for our support this season and that the club has a board meeting today to discuss the future of the club. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

#togetherness is long gone. The CEO in particular has done nothing to bring people together but rather created mistrust and division. Be that between fans and the club, the community and the club or businesses and the club etc. 

Regardless of what stands may or may not be open (wouldn't want to move to the Main) I certainly don't intend to renew my season ticket so long as Scot Gardiner is employed at the club. Simple as that, he's a toxic narcissist. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 5

1 hour ago, LisleRightPeg said:

I know I shouldn’t be surprised but I genuinely cannot believe the club hasn’t issued some kind of statement! Even if it was just to acknowledge fans for our support this season and that the club has a board meeting today to discuss the future of the club. 

It will be a cowardly statement just before 5pm so that they can then hide from any engagement that arises . Pretty pathetic but seen it all before .  

Posted (edited)

Hoping for a new episode of the Wyness Shuffle podcast soon to try and make sense of everything going on ....😭

Ps I'm wondering if our website is the least updated in league football. If you were relying on that for your information you'd still not know what the score was on Saturday, although probably better to be blissfully unaware.  Seriously though, it's really poor and another example of the lack of communication and engagement with fans.

Edited by robbo1985
  • Agree 2