FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tell you what...

Canada Bob

Dumbarton look a good bet to beat Elgin {who can't}, they are 4/11 with Hill, Laddies & BaldFred et-al, but the 10/11 for the ht/ft thing from Hills looks a knocking bet, as does the 4/5 against Dumbarton being ahead at half time, {don't matter what happens on the ft result for that bet}, arguable which is the better bet there, the 10/11 for the ft/ht or the 4/5 against winning the first half, I think I'd go for the first half thing, 'cause if they are in at ht you'd be laying 1/9 against the draw or Elgin for the second half, and although it's unlikely that Elgin would begger you up, a penalty or s freaky goal from them would do...

Other than the above, {still thinking this one through}, I'm on Bath/Bath today, Laddies are offering 2/5 for the ht/ft result, Northampton are in at the deep end against Bath {think that one through, grin}.

Canada Bob.

Match off at Dumbarton hey, so Bath carried most of my money today, all of it except for 100 quid on Alloa. Trust me to be on them when Stranraer find a bit of form, mund you I won enough on the ht/ft bet on Bath who were 13-6 up at ht, and cruised to a 25-14 full time result. Not many places were you can get 40% interest on yer money in less than 2 hours, so it'll do for me.

Canada Bob.

PS... Thanks for the PTL Clacher, appreciated.

Edited by Canada Bob

Can't find a safe bet today, I'd have gone for Leicester @ 1/3 against Hereford if I didn't know the manager will be fielding B teamers, I'm not laying 3's on when they have trialists out, so looks like no bet today.

Got a couple of time fillers in though, a crown green bowling match at 12 o'clock, then off to Bolton Wunderers, not that I'd pay to watch that gormless tribe, but a mate of mine has a box there, and has offered to take me to the game, sigh, not easy to turn a bloke down when he means well, but I can't stand the bleedin' team, add to that they are playing Wigin, I'd give owt for Wigin to beat 'em, other than money that is, I'm not backing Wigin, they aren't that good away, and I'm no putting money on the wunderers, might be tempted to back the draw, but how do you shout for the draw, sigh...

Canada Bob.

PS... Clacher, I could do with a PTL today, see what you can do fer me...

Alloa was a strange yin, the fans seem to be saying after the game that once it went to 2-2 both sides were moaning about the cold and just stopping trying!!

Not working today Bob so didnt see anything, I did back Burnley and Wrexham though, Burnley doing me a great turn of going 2-0 down and getting somebody sent off.. surely I cant come back form that position 2 days in a row? I doubt it.

Could use a good PTL myself..

What a day today has been, lucky to have survived it...

First of all Pauline went out this morning with Doreen, one of her friends over here...

Just as she was going out I asked her where my lumberjack shirt was, {can't go out without it, it's me trademark when I'm over here}...

Pauline says,

"It's in the tumble drier, give it 20 minutes then just take it out and then just run the iron over it" !

20 minutes later I take the shirt out, place it on the ironing board, and {lucky for me} just before I plugged it in I picked the iron up...

What do you think Pauline had done ! she'd poured water in it !!! "water" in an iron !!! if I'd have plugged it in I'd have gone up in a blue flash !!!

I'm beginning to think she's after the Insurance money, but I've more brains than play with water and electricity, she won't catch me out on that one...

The rest of the day wasn't much better either, I donned me shirt {all wrinkled} and off I went to meet a mate of mine who'd got us tickets for a local soccer match between Wigan {my old home town} and Bolton, a right needle match this is. The problem was, Tony got us tickets to sit in the Bolton supporters end, what good is that to a bloke who's cheering Wigan on, sat right in the middle of 20,000 Bolton supporters...

I tried to get a transfer into the Wigan end, but the stewards wouldn't allow it, worst part is, the bloke who turned me down is a bloke I've known for 30 years, but he {a Bolton fan} wouldn't let me move to the Wigan end, so I had to suffer the insults hurled at me as I cheered every move that Wigan made into the heart of the {soft} Bolton defence.

They're a quiet lot them Bolton Fans, mind you, their team didn't give them much to cheer about, but that didn't stop my enjoyment, just before half time Wigan got a penatly awarded, and scored off it, to go 1-0 up, where I was sat I was the only one cheering surrounded by thousands of Bolton's fans, never mind the iron, I reckon I was more lucky to survive the glares of the Bolton fans, but when you have 200 quid on at 21/10 you shout for yer money, bollocks to them who's on the wrong team...

I think the only thing that saved me was, you know how red indians wouldn't kill a lunatic {in case his spirit haunted them}, well I reckon the Bolton fans have a similar concern, they glarred at me, but like the electric iron I survived, as did Wigan, finally winning the game 1-0, check the link below...

C'mon Wigin

A great local derby win for Wigan, a body blow for Bolton, but... that's the way I like it, grin...

As they say though, things do come in 3's, and the 3rd one may yet do for me, if you ever have the misfortune to find yerself on the Reebok stay well away from the 3 quid cheeseburgers, absolute shyte they are, they look more like they've been boiled rather than grilled, and the so called cheese looks like goose droppings, need I say it tased as bad as it looked, so I binned it... if the queue ant been 1/4 of a bleedin mile long {for shyte like this hey} I'd have demanded me money back, but seeing as my bet was looking good I said sod it...

By the way, I hope that yer not paying 3 quid for shyte like this at Caley ? tell you one thing though, the Wiginers know better, they all brought their own pies...

Canada Bob.

My message went awol when the site went down!

Sounds like you had a good day out and well done on the Wigan bet.

At Caley games I buy a Steak Burger from a guy based out in Aberdeen who appears at most home games, same ?3 you spend but by a mile the best food I've had at the football, always fresh meat. Think Gordon Ramsay said he loved it when he filmed a program at the stadium :rotflmao:

Just read that again, dont all Irons have water in them you nutter?!!!

How are the BAPS getting on lately? I've lost track of them over Christmas

Wish I'd had more on Wigin now, but I wasn't all that confident to lay into them, thought of the draw, but you can't sit there shouting for a draw can you, so I threw a few quid at Wigin, nowt else I could really bet on was there.

The cheeseburger was vile, how the hell they eat them I don't know, it definitely wasnae grilled, it was pale, like an uncooked burger, and who knows what the shyte that was passing itself off as cheese was, if you've seen a goose shyte then you've seen what was on them burgers, 3 bleedin' quid too !!!

Seems yer right about there being water in electric irons, {just had a look on Wiki}, but it still sounds dodgy to me, safer to stick with a wrinkled shirt than wrinkled hair...

BAPS ? I guess you don't mean the ones with steak on them ? {remind me Clacher}, off to a bowling match again the now, won 150 quid on the match before the Wunderers game yesterday, they bet on Crown Green games round here, Panel Bowling it's called, 80 or so blokes watching the game, and betting against each other on who wins...

Canada Bob.

Wish I'd had more on Wigin now, but I wasn't all that confident to lay into them, thought of the draw, but you can't sit there shouting for a draw can you, so I threw a few quid at Wigin, nowt else I could really bet on was there.

The cheeseburger was vile, how the hell they eat them I don't know, it definitely wasnae grilled, it was pale, like an uncooked burger, and who knows what the shyte that was passing itself off as cheese was, if you've seen a goose shyte then you've seen what was on them burgers, 3 bleedin' quid too !!!

Seems yer right about there being water in electric irons, {just had a look on Wiki}, but it still sounds dodgy to me, safer to stick with a wrinkled shirt than wrinkled hair...

BAPS ? I guess you don't mean the ones with steak on them ? {remind me Clacher}, off to a bowling match again the now, won 150 quid on the match before the Wunderers game yesterday, they bet on Crown Green games round here, Panel Bowling it's called, 80 or so blokes watching the game, and betting against each other on who wins...

Canada Bob.

N APS

I've got an image in my head of Bob ironing his clothes with one of these!! :rotflmao:

iron.jpg

My Grandma had one just like it, and prior to Sunday it was the only iron I've picked up in 50+ years, an' I'm not joking, I don't mind buying one for the wife, but... I'll no be using it meself...

Canada Bob.

Is this you vacuuming?

post-2081-1230593410.jpg

Some chance... what's the point of gerrin wed if you have to start fekkin dustin' !!!

On another {somewhat related} topic, the conversation in the pub {in Wigin} this afternoon contemplated the benefits of being wed...

One of the blokes {a Blackburn supporter} said that his team are scoring at more often at Home than he is ! and Blackburn are in the relegation zone !

Makes you think don't it, have a quick tally how you've done vs how Caley have done since August ! Ah well, you never know, we might get picked for a January transfer, or at least loaned out now and again...

Canada Bob.

With you now Clacher...

I've not had time to run Sid's System the last couple of weeks, much to the chagrin of some of the syndicate members, but it takes time, and I need a break while we're ore here, so I've wrapped it until January, I'll kick it off again once we get settled in in County Mayo.

Like I said 2 years of more back you can't lose money with this system, all you need is the time {or a robot} to place the bets, and say a grand in hand to stand the bets. If you don't run a robot then it's 4 hours a day you'll have to put in, mind you, you can expect to win say 40 quid a day on average, so it beats minimum wage, and it's a lot more fun, add to that it's tax free, but once you get to the point of laying to 50 quids or 100 quids you can be winning substantial amounts year after year, after year.

There's at least 5 variations of Sid's System right now, ALL of them winning money on the year, but some are winning a lot more than others. I'll post the actually {for that read independently verifiable} winnings at the end of this year, as I said before this system GUARANTEES that you'll win money, for the rest of yer life !

It's a damned sight better than trying to pick winners, I finished up at Bloomfield Road tonight, to watch Blackpool play Wolves, looked a foregone conclusion when I put my money on at Evens, looked weighed in when Wolves went up 1-0 after 3 minutes, but them gobshyte tangerines got one back, then Wolves went ahead in the second half with just 20 minutes on the clock, and the bet looked safe again...

I'd had a couple of pints before the game, and one at ht, so with around 10 minutes to go I'm bustin', so I legs it to the bog and whist I'm watering the wall I hears a cheer go up, so I rushes out thinking we must be 3-1, only to see all the blasted Tangerine Fans running around like lunatics. Boy was I *issed in more ways than one, 2 bleedin' 2, with minutes on the clock, so it wasnae just the beer than went down the drain, me monkey went down with it.

What's with these stupid clubs, don't they know the money is on Wolves, what's the game to them ! why don't they just lay down and think of England or some damned thing. It only made it worse coming back on the bus to Bispham listening to the gobshytes saying how they played Wolves off the park, sigh...

Off to me bed the now, trying not to think of it, nor of the 200 quid I lost on the Panel Bowling match, sigh, I guess some days yer the dog, and some days yer the lamp post...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

Hello.

Was curious on how it was all going as I've carried on trying to find ways of trying to make the Naps as cheap as possible to lay (for beginners like myself), last few weeks been looking at the RP's tips in all weather handicaps, the toughest races to call imo..

Seems to be doing the trick in terms of profit coming back our way, just the same old problems of getting them all matched with a reasonable liability, on the days with one meeting it should be easy enough to lay 3-4 races but on days when theres an afternoon and an evening meeting it just starts getting too expensive.

The truth is out there though, shall continue following them.

Be back on later to aee how they did overall

Hello.

Was curious on how it was all going as I've carried on trying to find ways of trying to make the Naps as cheap as possible to lay (for beginners like myself), last few weeks been looking at the RP's tips in all weather handicaps, the toughest races to call imo..

Seems to be doing the trick in terms of profit coming back our way, just the same old problems of getting them all matched with a reasonable liability, on the days with one meeting it should be easy enough to lay 3-4 races but on days when theres an afternoon and an evening meeting it just starts getting too expensive.

The truth is out there though, shall continue following them.

Be back on later to aee how they did overall

The truth of it is Clacher, the WORST thing to do when running ANY variation of Sid's System is to start THINKING, if ANYTHING can screw you up it's putting thinking into the mix, the problem being our thinking/logic changes, and you can't have such an incalculable in any "system".

A system must run like clockwork if you start tinkering with it I'll guarantee you a second thing, that being that you will lose {in the long term} and live to regret it.

The ONLY time I've bollockst up in the last year running Sid's System is when I've started thinking, and boy have I regretted it. Every one claims to be able to think Clacher, but... look where the feck it's got them in life, so the secret of this success is STOP THINKING !!! but believe me that's hard work.

I'll tell you this, running Sid's System is a bit too close to being work, if you dont run a Robot you have to put the hours in yourself, it's exactly the same as being a manager of a betting shop, you have to be there when the races are being run, so that buggers it up for a most blokes who are working, but those who aren't can make wages to start off with, and then go on to make more money than you could dream of, but you have to be DISCIPLINED in time, and in sticking with the system no matter what you think about a horses chance.

You just need to have the bottle to be a machine, just take all the money they can throw at you, na d don't let it hiss you off when you make a few pay outs, believe me it does rattle you when they've backed 30 or more horses and you've no paid out on any of them, then suddenly they get an 8/1 shot in.

Having warned you that you mustn't think, I know that you won't be able to resist thinking, but like me you'll pay for it when you do, if our thinking was any good at all there'd be no betting shops, and no punters living in council houses...

There's a couple of other rules, other than...

Rule 1 {don't think, don't EVER think !!!}.

Rule 2 is, NEVER lay to more than 1% of yer kitty, if you do {and like me you will}, you'll regret that too.

IF you have the time and the money to run ANY of the variations of Sid's System you will, within 12 months have more money in your Bank account than you EVER had !

A year from now you'll be winning more money per week than you could EVER earn working...

After that you're in clover, once you start laying to 50 or 100 quid per race you'll be one of the highest earners in the UK, and it'll stay like that for as long as you live, you aint seen any Bookies Shops closing during the last 40 years have you ! Add to that, they are the only type of shop that the owners can't open enough of.

I'll do the numbers for you Clacher in the next day or two, to prove to one and all that {as I said 2 years ago} this system wins money, year after year for ever !!! Fair enough you'll have a losing day, maybe a losing week, possibly a losing month, but there's NEVER been a losing year yet, and I'll guarantee there never will be one...

Don't forget that Bookies have losing runs too, but they still find their way to the Caribbean year after year, and they don't ride bikes either... next time you're in a bettin' shop have a look at the ragged arst punters, that's where the money comes from, the only money they have is for ale, cigs and William Hill, nowt for trousers or posh houses... Knowing what we know {Sid's System} it's our choice, which route do you want to take through life...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

Here's the numbers on how you'd have done if you'd run one of the {now 14 variants} of Sid's System for the last 12 months, obviously excepting todays races, this is to a 10 quid stake, so you'd need a Bank of 1,000 to start off.

Listed in order of Loss or Profit, as I've always said these figures can be independently verified as honest & accurate.

Version 1: Loss of ?1,081

Version 2: Loss of ?207

Version 3: Won ?722

Version 4: Won ?801

Version 5: Won ?1,187

Version 6: Won ?1,237

Version 7: Won ?1,279

Version 8: Won ?2,220

Version 9: Won ?3,039

Version 10: Won ?3,536

Version 11: Won ?4,831

Version 12: Won ?4,902

Version 13: Won ?7,931

Version 14: Won ?8,569

Two of the variants lost money, but if you managed to avoid them {and you can}, then you'd have won on average about around 3,000 quid ? {maybe someone can do the math for me, averaging all 14 variants, no calculator here right now}.

As you can see you can reasonably expect to make 60 quid a week over 12 months, but the problem with that is {although it's ale money}, you'll have put 60 hours in to run the system {unless you have a Robot doing it}.

So your earnings would be about a quid an hour, BUT... once you've spent a couple of months running the system in a small way, your Bank should have started to build up, and at some point you could be laying bets to 100 quid stakes, at that point you could expect to be making 10 quid an hour TAX FREE , giving you an income of around 30,000 quid a year.

Not sure if some of you know what I'm on about when I'm talking about Robot's, there are software programs that you can get, some for free, some you buy or {sort of} rent. These programs are commonly known as Robot's and the advantage they give you is two fold, they lay the bets for you, freeing you up of the time that you'd have to put in each day, and best of all they DON'T THINK, they just get on with the job of winning you money...

The ONLY downside that I {and others} can see is that if Sid's System get's to be common knowledge then the system is knackered, this goose will only lay enough eggs for a small number of us, the hardest thing for me is keeping quiet about it, you've seen how posts get snatched off here, but I like to share what I know to help lads out, trouble is you can't help them all...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

Cheers for all that.

What were versions 1 and 2?

Last thing I need is a pep talk on these! I know fine from my day to day work that the more people you get in to gamble the more certain you are to turn a profit, even at Betfairs prices!

I understand what youre saying about thinking, its been the downfall of most punters over the years, can add my name to the list no question at all!

Have you had a look at I Confess today in the 3.30? Was a strange one to see flagged up and a strange limit beside it of ?210 @9/4, normally youd never see them below 7/1 and favorites never win handicaps, especiaslly shorter priced ones!

I'm just wodnering if its because the other meetings are off and its the fav in the last UK race, maybe theyre expecting people to be chasing losses on it?

Cheers for all that.

What were versions 1 and 2?

Last thing I need is a pep talk on these! I know fine from my day to day work that the more people you get in to gamble the more certain you are to turn a profit, even at Betfairs prices!

I understand what youre saying about thinking, its been the downfall of most punters over the years, can add my name to the list no question at all!

Have you had a look at I Confess today in the 3.30? Was a strange one to see flagged up and a strange limit beside it of ?210 @9/4, normally youd never see them below 7/1 and favorites never win handicaps, especiaslly shorter priced ones!

I'm just wodnering if its because the other meetings are off and its the fav in the last UK race, maybe theyre expecting people to be chasing losses on it?

Variants 1 & 2 were down to who's selection you were laying, as you might imagine if there were 20 blokes in the bookies, 17 of them would be long term losers, reliable losers, the other 3 would either be better at picking the winners, or just simply luckier... So what you do is look at how they've done over say the last 5 years, and avoid those who have either won a bit, or been near to breaking even... like a leech just attach yourself onto the eternal losers, the world is full of 'em...

As far as a pep talk Clacher, folks imitate listening and knowing {the dangers}, but still finish up in the f'in mire, hey, I should know... IF you use a Robot you'll do well, if you're sat there race for race few people on the planet can resist "thinking", best to load the Bot and then take the dog for a walk, or go fishing, nowt can go wrong then...

The problem with Sid's System is, it comes to a point where it aint fun, there's not the buzz you gte when you throw a monkey at a horse, or a grand at a football match, but when you do that you get some nice wins, followed real soon by some sickening losses...

IF you're one of them blokes that says "I only bet for the fun of it" yea, f'in right, what fun in losing all yer pocket money, or the rent, year after year, going through life with yer breeches ass hanging out, where the fek is the FUN in that !!!

The blokes who "bet for fun" are simply excusing their miserable attempts to find a winner, mind you, they may be the crap of the crop, but even the best of punters are damned lucky if they can break even on the day or the week...

If you want to win money then you need DISCIPLINE {and a few quid to start off}, most folks can find a few quid, but the vast majority of folks have no discipline.

IF you want to make money then one of the variants of Sid's System will do that for you for the rest of yer life, but if it's a buzz that you need, and yer willing to pay for it longer than the mortgage on yer house, then join the ragged arst brigade. Don't take my word for it, drop into any betting shop and see if you can find anyone in there who don't look like they've been clothed by a charity shop while they chew on a wet fag...

I got lucky on that PTL, decided to watch the race rather than get involved, the 6lbx put me off, and that's what did for the horse in the final furlong... Thanks for sending it anyway Clacher, they are always worth looking at, at least...

The bottom line Clacher is, Sid's System aint about "gambling" it's about making money on the horses, not losing it...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

My instincts were right, it was purely down to the money they were expecitng to come on it later on, they piled it down from 9/4 into 6/4 for what seemed to be no good reason (in our shop alone it was the biggest punt of the day, everybody might aswell have wrote any to come on the rest of their bets put on today, last UK race before the early close so jump on the fav.. terrible state of affairs). Suppose these will be the poor lads youre talking about with the oxfam blazers and wet fags, guess the bookie werent going to take the chance their luck was in.

IF anybody out there wants any info on these ROBOTS Bobs talking about I can give them a bit of good advice depending on what it is theyre looking to achieve, seen loads of them in action, some are better for trading, some are better for in-running, some are better for price jumping etc..

Think it was this time last year I started playing on the Naps with my Betfair money, remember we had osme good days and some great days, there was one losing Saturday that cut ?90 odd quid off my ?300 bank and I had to pack it in. Any bet that makes you feel nervous (this will be where thinking comes in..!) is overstaked, golden rule for any gambler and not something most will ever hear, as soon as you feel a twinge when checking a score or result then its too much, that ?300 a day was too much for me.

Like you say with time, money and a bit of help from your computer you can make a killing on these, the numbers simply cant lie in the long run.

Maybe something to consider in the new year when I win the ICT Naps comp :thumb04:

And Bob have a good night tonight wherever you end up, I'll toast to your good health and luck for the next year myself.

And the rest of the Betting forum! Although we fight it out on the footy comp I guess we are all on the same side!

Happy new year folks

:rotflmao: :018:

Maybe something to consider in the new year when I win the ICT Naps comp :rotflmao:

Looks like yer 4/6 for that Clacher, long as you don't start thinking that is :thumb04:

And Bob have a good night tonight wherever you end up, I'll toast to your good health and luck for the next year myself.

Bispham Tory Club for me, just 3 quid a ticket, and they have a decent show lined up, add to that it's just round the corner from here.

By the way, if any of you guys visit Blackpool this is a great place to stay, for a couple or a family, best digs I've ever stayed in round here, if there was better than this I'd be there, check the link below...

Blackpool Digs

We did the first couple of weeks at the Qqueens Mansions, then moved a couple of doors down the Prom to the Burbage Lodge, hard to say which is the better, both are top notch...

This is the appartment we're in right now...

Appartment 3

Although there's just me and the Mr's, this appartment will sleep 6 people, you should have come here when that Burnley match was on Clacher. Not only is the place top notch, but a great chippy a minute away, the Highlands Pub next door but one, what more can you ask for !

And the rest of the Betting forum! Although we fight it out on the footy comp I guess we are all on the same side!

Anyway, All the Best from me to all the folks in the Forum, lets look forward to a good year ahead of us, and a turn of the tide for ICT !

Canada Bob.

Thanks for the PTL's Clacher, made money on one, lost on the other, but Councellor pulled me out the mire, picked it our meself, liked the price and the form it had from last season, so {as per the txt I sent you, 20 minutes afore the race}, I put a monkey on its back, and was thrilled to see it come home at 6/1. I'd asked for 6's just before the race off the local Baldfreds, but they wanted to lay me 6's to half of it and the other half at 5/1, FFS, so I took SP, they were hissed that the SP was 6's, grin... pity you dint back it, although it wasnae a tip the more I looked at it the more I fancied it...

Canada Bob.

I didnt even notice but about 1pm the seocnd of the two horses was pulled off the PTL list..! It happens sometimes but not often, I didnt even check.

I didnt want to do anymore gambling! Got 2.8 the place on the first race, spent ?20 on the next, so ended up ?2 down :rotflmao: Even I can take that on the chin.! Apart from my weekend football doubles I'm not going to gamble again this month.

Councellor was a great shout, was never given an inch but still won quickening up. Superb.

If I'd layed the NAPS in the AW Handicaps I wouldve been well up today, they picked a 5/2 winner and 12 losers over the races.

I'll go see how the rest did.

Edited by clacher_holiday2