2nd Leg Play Off v Montrose

Was driving home and was thinking how on earth have we fallen so low in standards.We are struggling to stay in the championship and we play and look like a first division team.

Today should have been high tempo,slick passing and exciting football.When you rely on  a 1-0 score and hope you can keep the other team out,it is a very risky strategy.IF  we survive in this league,serious questions need asked about how we have become so poor.

• Agree 3

We didn’t have the guile to break them down in the first half; thankfully the goal they got was ruled offside. At that point there was concern 🫣 so second half put the pressure on and Billy scrambles the ball in. Then we sit deep and invite them to have a go 🤔 they duly accept and really ought to have got an equaliser but for an excellent save from Ridgers. A wins a win. Hamilton should be a harder task but I suspect more tight games. We will require to play better and hope for a fair wind 💨🤪

• Agree 2

Cannot fathom the complete apathy to winning football matches by the players and management. Absolutely no idea what formation we were playing and who is meant to be supporting Samuel up front. The only time McKay got in the box he scored, the rest of the time he was playing 2 yard sideways passes on the half way line.

Really struggled to pick a standout today, only the sunshine made it bearable.

• Well Said 2

Posted (edited)

Looked for score at 18:00 Benalmadena time, 17:00 back home.

was expecting a 3 or 4 nil result for us.

disappointing to see a 1-0 score, a Montrose goal disallowed and the negative reports about the game.

after happy hour have now decided to give the hotel entertainment a miss this evening.  Flamenco show would compound my already sore heid.

But a win is a win and on to Wednesday we go again.

Hamilton scraped through today 3-2, with Alloa down to 10 men from 45 mins, 5-4 over the 2 games. So not a great showing from them.

bbc stats, if you can believe them,  show Possession 52 % to 48% in Hamilton favour. Not good when Alloa down to 10 all second half.

unfortunately, I assume Hamilton still have a plastic pitch 

Edited by bishbashbosh
Wrong day

After getting a taste this week of what Championship football is like, maybe Montrose thought nah your alright, enough of this tedium, we’ll just stay where we are thanks!

• Funny 1

Just had a look on Hamilton website and see they were giving their season ticket holders half price entry (£10) today.  After what our season ticket holders have endured this year I'd like to think the club will show some appreciation to them by doing something similar for next Saturday's game.

1 hour ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Was driving home and was thinking how on earth have we fallen so low in standards.We are struggling to stay in the championship and we play and look like a first division team.

Today should have been high tempo,slick passing and exciting football.When you rely on  a 1-0 score and hope you can keep the other team out,it is a very risky strategy.IF  we survive in this league,serious questions need asked about how we have become so poor.

Every time I have gone to an ICT match over the past several seasons, I ask exactly the same question...

No-one at the club seems to want to do anything about it.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

Just had a look on Hamilton website and see they were giving their season ticket holders half price entry (£10) today.  After what our season ticket holders have endured this year I'd like to think the club will show some appreciation to them by doing something similar for next Saturday's game.

No chance!

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC v Hamilton Accies 

cinch Championship Play-Off Final 2nd Leg 

Saturday 18th May, 5.30pm kick-off 

Caledonian Stadium 

Prices 

Main: Adult: £20, Over 65s: £15, Under 21s: £15, Under 16s: £10, Under 12s: FREE 

North/South(Away): Adult: £18, Over 65s: £13, Under 21: £13, Under 16s: £8, Under 12s: FREE 

Ticket Info 

Season Tickets are not valid for this fixture. 

Tickets for our cinch Championship play-off Final second leg against Hamilton Accies are available now on General Sale. 

Season Ticket Holders seats are on reserve for this fixture. 

Tickets can be added to Season Card online through Season Ticket Holders’ registered account. Tickets available from eticketing.co.uk/ictfc, in-store from the Caledonian Stadium and over the phone on 01463 222880. Max of Two Under 12s per Adult. 

Instructions of how to add this match to Season Ticket Cards can be found HERE 

Under 16/Under 12s tickets are not available online but staff in the ticket office will be happy to assist. Stadium open Tuesday – Friday, 10am – 4pm, Matchday 10am until KO. Tickets available over the phone on 01463 222880. 

Away Fans 

Hamilton Accies fans can get the tickets from eticketing.co.uk/ictfc in South Stand section F, G, H & J

Edited by IBM

I notice in his post match interview Ferguson blamed a slow pitch for his teams inability to move the ball forward. Did he not mean his slow players? My two year old next door neighbours son could move quicker

• Funny 1

49 minutes ago, IBM said:

Under 16/Under 12s tickets are not available online but staff in the ticket office will be happy to assist. Stadium open Tuesday – Friday, 10am – 4pm, Matchday 10am until KO. Tickets available over the phone on 01463 222880. 

Why would we make this so difficult? So many Caley fans are far from Inverness. Crazy that Montrose manage a simple online process but we can’t. It’s on Alba, so already up against getting a good crowd without this nonsense. I would have come through from Aberdeen with the kids even though they’re still traumatized by the dross served up at Links Park. 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, IcyT said:

Why would we make this so difficult? So many Caley fans are far from Inverness. Crazy that Montrose manage a simple online process but we can’t. It’s on Alba, so already up against getting a good crowd without this nonsense. I would have come through from Aberdeen with the kids even though they’re still traumatized by the dross served up at Links Park. 

I have no idea just posted the information :shrug:

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

If we don't concede we can't loose. This isn't the time for expansive football and getting picked apart. Might not be popular but its about getting the job done.

It's what got us in the relegation playoffs in the first place. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IBM said:

No chance!

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC v Hamilton Accies 

cinch Championship Play-Off Final 2nd Leg 

Saturday 18th May, 5.30pm kick-off 

Caledonian Stadium 

Prices 

Main: Adult: £20, Over 65s: £15, Under 21s: £15, Under 16s: £10, Under 12s: FREE 

North/South(Away): Adult: £18, Over 65s: £13, Under 21: £13, Under 16s: £8, Under 12s: FREE 

Ticket Info 

Season Tickets are not valid for this fixture. 

Tickets for our cinch Championship play-off Final second leg against Hamilton Accies are available now on General Sale. 

Season Ticket Holders seats are on reserve for this fixture. 

Tickets can be added to Season Card online through Season Ticket Holders’ registered account. Tickets available from eticketing.co.uk/ictfc, in-store from the Caledonian Stadium and over the phone on 01463 222880. Max of Two Under 12s per Adult. 

Instructions of how to add this match to Season Ticket Cards can be found HERE 

Away Fans 

Hamilton Accies fans can get the tickets from eticketing.co.uk/ictfc in South Stand section F, G, H & J

At least they aren't peddling the BS line about it being as per SFL rules etc etc

35 minutes ago, IcyT said:

If there's a nonsensical, convoluted and awkward way to do something, you can be damn sure we'll find a way to do it. #TheICTway 

• Facepalm 1

I missed the game as I was only flying back home tonight, and totally get the concerns about the performance levels and the nervousness about the Hamilton games.

However, the play offs are all about survival for us. It may not have been pretty, but at least we are in the final. That was the objective today.

We still have hope. 

• Well Said 3

5 hours ago, IcyT said:

It's to prevent abuse of system sadly

Good set piece actually. Duffy splits from the Carragher Boyes sandwich who force the defenders backwards. Duffy then left on his own to flick the ball onwards and a poacher scores a poachers goal. Trademark stuff.

2 hours ago, STFU said:

Are we the only club who does this?

I don't know? Possibly. I know there was an issue though since we went to QR codes. No idea if a big issue really though tbh 

13 hours ago, IcyT said:

The ticket office is open on match day until kickoff. I think you’ll be fine.

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I don't know? Possibly. I know there was an issue though since we went to QR codes. No idea if a big issue really though tbh 

I go to most away games and nearly every stadium seem to have glitches in their systems for buying tickets.  Very stressful for this OAP especially.   Montrose were very discriminatory in that they allowed home fans to pay at the gate, but not away fans.  

• Agree 1