FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jackie Says...

Canada Bob

Got a call from Jackie Edwards this morning saying that Wigan RLFC look a good bet at 1/2 to be in front at ht/ft for the game against Castleford tonight, he says "the lads on the field will have a vested interest in the game", take that how you like...

I decided to take the easier money and managed to get 2/7 for the ft result, it don't sound like brilliant odds but if Wigan win it'll drop 600 quid into me pocket.

Edited by Canada Bob

They played like cnuts, hard to believe, they were booed off the ground. To add to the misery, that's the first time they've lost the first 3 games of the season since 1985, FFS, and I had to be on um :rotflmao:

That cost me 2100 quid, just shows how easy it is to get carried away when you've won a few bets, back to square one now, wish I'd not taken me cell phone out with me today, damn...

Edited by Canada Bob

I can tell you I'm gutted, hard to believe they could play that badly, spoke to a couple of the lads who went to the match and they said it looked like they were chucking the game, rather than looking to win it, especially in the first half, bad enough to lose at home but a deeper cut to lose to a second rate Yorkshire team, worse still for the lads who thought that even giving 10 points away they were on a good thing, what s sh*gger hey, it's cleaned me out tonight, no bet for me tomorrow, I'll be keeping me head down...

The ONLY thing I can say to take the edge off it is, my gamble was just a billionth of "Gordon's Gamble", the pain is over for me, but Gordon has it to come when he comes unstuck...

Well Gordon won't come unstuck becasue his head is so far into the sand that only his tail will come off......

And Darling Bhoy is in even deeper and looks a totally absolute liability. They will be selling off Government buildings till the cows come home to make a dent in this incredible pile of debt. It would be easier and better all round if they gave all the money back to the people instead of shoring up defaulting ruinous businesses. In Canada the car workers at the plants in Ontario have been getting $83 per hour including benefits. Compare that to the wage of a bus driver in the city of Vancouver at about $30 plus good holiday package or the $45 per hour I was charging my clients when I was still in business last year which included all expenses of running the service business plus a wage for yours truly.Believe me I had to work like a dog to make a living. No Union for me putting their employer's feet to the fire

Oh, No, the mobile's gorn off again, this time from me Irish mate, I told him about my bet last night and that I'd signed the pledge, but he says "you have to back Pasagai" {1:50 Newcastle},tells me how I'll get me money back.

Just looked in the Racing Post and it's 14/1 so temptation in mind I'm off to the Toals Bookies. Seeing as how I'll be in the shop I'm taking the 4/1 against Caley for the ht/ft result, I reckon if they win today they'll go for it early...

Well Gordon won't come unstuck because

I'll tell you why Gordon will come unstuck Rod...

Betting is a HARD game, even when you're backing certainties like Wigan RLFC @ 2/7 last night, you can easily come unstuck, but at least I have the choice of what I bet on, Gordon doesn't.

No matter what rotten cards are dealt him he has to back them, if he doesn't he has to walk away from the table.

On average Gordon's Gambles are a Billion times what I bet, yet if he comes unstuck it's not his money he's lost, and right now it's not just the Taxpayers either, it's every man, women and child in the UK, to the tune of 33,000 quid.

Fact is, if we were measuring it on a Taxpayer base, it would be 100,000 quid per taxpayer, odd how the have moved the goal posts on that too, normally they'd talk of "so much per tax payer" but now that the numbers are becoming astronomical they say it's "so much per man woman and child" to drastically averaging the amount down.

I don't mind going in up to me neck on a gamble, but I'd never dream of putting myself into debt for the next 20-30 years, add to that if I was daft enough to risk the gamble I'd want to pick my own cards rather than bet on those thrown at me.

As the song says, there's a time when to hold 'em, and a time when to fold 'em, Gordon should have folded them, he simply don't have the money to throw at every lame duck.

Edited by Canada Bob

Good one Bob - ht/ft was even being offered at 13/2 earlier in the week - seems like easy money now since Hibs didn't turn up - I bet some of those who made the trip up north from Edinburgh wished they hadn't also.... :rotflmao:

Damn, damn, damn, I've been robbed twice then hey, I went to the Bookies to get me money and the ***** offered me a cheque !!! what use is that to me, I've no bank ore here to pay it into. To add to my chagrin it's the same Bookie who I dropped 2,100 quid to on that Wigin Rugby game, and 100 quid EW on that horse that's still running...

I asked him where "my money" was, the cash I gave him last night, he said they'd banked it, the b*stards, said they have a policy of not keeping more than a grand in the shop. Fair enough but they could get another shop to send cash round, Hills do that...

Anyway, I got me money back, just about broke even over the last two days, well I will be level when they pay me on Monday, FFS... at least I'll no be tempted to have a bet on Sunday...

To think that I could have got 13/2 though, what a sh*gger, best I could get ore here was the 4/1 on offer, and they had to phone that in before they take it, sigh...

I fancied Caley today to pull that off, it was ore the odds, 'specially with the new manager syndrome, everything to play for, and how well they payed in the last game... wish I'd had more on, but I was short of readies after that Wigin fiasco...

Well played Bob, think the bookies will prob wake upto the fact that Caley are a different team under the new manager.

Dont think youll get 4/1 our next home game HT/FT, well done to all of those who were on...!

Sadly I wasnt one of them, Cowden let me down on all fronts, theyve gto 6 more games now over the next 3 weeks, I KNOW they'll get me my money back at some stage, just a case of at what price..

lucky i was total broke from the wigan rugby game so i couldnt back that horse!! Also not good putting the little money i had left on 2-1 caley :rotflmao: ach at least we won!

I'm still a few quid down on the week, but it was sink or swim by 3pm, I'd have been in the shyte if Caley hadn't done the ht/ft thing for me. If it hadn't have been for the hole in the wall I'd would have been short of readies, as I am now, until the bleeder pays me on Monday. The dint waste any time banking the 2,100 quid I lost on Friday night, obviously Bookies

don't expect to be paying much out, all they keep is a 1,000 quid float...

Well played Bob, think the bookies will prob wake upto the fact that Caley are a different team under the new manager.

Dont think youll get 4/1 our next home game HT/FT, well done to all of those who were on...!

Sadly I wasnt one of them, Cowden let me down on all fronts, they've got 6 more games now over the next 3 weeks, I KNOW they'll get me my money back at some stage, just a case of at what price..

It was the new manager syndrome that I was banking on, mind you they'd already shown that the week before, so even 4/1 for the ht/ft thing looked good to me, best I could get round here, but I'm hissed off that I could have got 13/2.

Other than that, I'm making steady progress in the Naps Comp, from 20th or so a few weeks back to 7th is it now, even though The Falcon is trying to psyche me out, but he who laughs last and all that...

Indeed, think theres 11 weekends left of the comp this year, I'd say anybody within 100 points of me is in the running for top spot and most of the field could still get into the places... though in about 4-5 weeks it could get a bit touchy for most of you! The way I see it is the lowest possible score I can get now would still see me in profit so win or lose I know fine I'll be up in my own pocket by the seasons end, I think the number I have now should be enough to win but theres along way to go yet for me to lose it all..

Big swings all over the place when those at the top pick losers, its upto me and CaleyD to not cut our throats while scraping for the title or else neither of us will get anything.. its impossible for me not to be competitive though..!

Bring it on I say, I can tell looking at the pattern of bets people are putting down that nobody here has my knowledge of the Scots lower leagues this year, too many people placing momentum bets on teams who win 2-3 games in a row, with no heed given to the crap theyve beaten on their way to building form. All the folk backing East Stirling a few weeks ago are testament to that. CaleyD has picked some great games for draws sadly and there will be alot more of them to come! Joe seems to be picking games with easy winners for now, think the top 3 is sewn up between us, though like I say anythings possible.

I think the number I have now should be enough to win

Cor Blimey Clacher, you've tempted fate, you'll no finish in the first three now !!!

Big swings all over the place when those at the top pick losers, its upto me and CaleyD to not cut our throats while scraping for the title or else neither of us will get anything.. its impossible for me not to be competitive though..!

Blimey, you've jinxed CaleyD too now :rotflmao:

Bring it on I say,

OK, it's 11pm, tell us what you've been drinking :thumb04:

I can tell looking at the pattern of bets people are putting down that nobody here has my knowledge

I'll have a pint of what you've been on...

too many people placing momentum bets on teams who win 2-3 games in a row, with no heed given to the crap theyve beaten on their way to building form. All the folk backing East Stirling a few weeks ago are testament to that.

What's rattled yer cage, you've no been watching University Challenge have yer ?

I have to say there's been some strategic selecting though, you know about the side bet of a grand that I have {don't say who with though}, well he's been trying to psyche me out, rather than pick his own, and look where that's got him.

CaleyD has picked some great games for draws sadly and there will be alot more of them to come! Joe seems to be picking games with easy winners for now, think the top 3 is sewn up between us,

B*gger, you've jinxed Joe as well now, cheered me up no end, the gap is opening up now for Foinavon :018:

Here's one for you then, let's call it "Deal or No Deal" what would you take NOW for your chance, I might just buy you out, look at it this way, a quid in yer pocket now will be worth a fiver by the end of the season, the way Gordon is going, take the money Clacher, Banker offers 200 quid...

Edited by Canada Bob

I have to be confident dont I? All my ante-post bets are looking good just now with my 140/40 on Cowdenbeath now looking weighed in, knew all about the Stranny, Berwick and Livi wage crisis before they hit the press but havent made the most of it on here which I could have. Theres along way to go and I have said already its still anybodies prize! I just think I'll be amongst the front runners...

Offering me 200 quid in exchange for whatever potential prize I could go onto win... hmmm.

Think I'll have to say NO DEAL but blimey its a good offer.

So who is trying to psych you out? Have to say that one passed me by!