FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

USB device not recognised

Yngwie

Does the stick work in other PC's? That will prove that the device is not faulty and it may be the USB socket on the PC in question. Before I make my next suggestion, do you have any other USB devices connected? Keyboards, Mice, Printers etc?

Will try it on another PC tomorrow. Other USB devices working fine.

You may find trying the same tactic elsewhere will have the same result. Never mind, you should believe that the results you are getting are just down to bad luck...suggest you try to reconfigure the setup repeatedly and, if all else fails, start pointing the finger at those who are slightly less in awe of your IT peripherals genius than you yourself are!

give this a try

open a command promt...start > run > type "cmd" without quotes

then:

1. Type "set DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS=1" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. Type "set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1" (without quotation marks) and Press Enter.

3. Type "start devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

4. On Device Manager click View, then click Show hidden devices.

5. Click "+" to expand devices under Universal Serial Bus Connectors (should be last on the list)

6. Uninstall any that are greyed out and say USB Mass Storage or the name of your memory stick

this worked for me but i dont take responsibility if it mess's sumthing else up :rotflmao:

give this a try

open a command promt...start > run > type "cmd" without quotes

then:

1. Type "set DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS=1" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. Type "set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1" (without quotation marks) and Press Enter.

3. Type "start devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

4. On Device Manager click View, then click Show hidden devices.

5. Click "+" to expand devices under Universal Serial Bus Connectors (should be last on the list)

6. Uninstall any that are greyed out and say USB Mass Storage or the name of your memory stick

this worked for me but i dont take responsibility if it mess's sumthing else up :rotflmao:

At the same time you could also uninstall any entries that say "USB Root Hub" but obviously if you have a USB mouse or Keyboard, this will stop them from functioning. Reboot and all your USB devices should come back and with a bit of luck you'll be able to use your USB stick.