FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BIGGER crowds

Ronaldo

Good idea Scarlet Pimple 

Your 3 full price 4Th with 40% off, IE 3 at ?25  forth for ?10

In your business, was your initial fee a genuine value or did you over inflate prior to your discount, then discount to win your clients over?

Would it be a complicating thing to organise as the fans would not have a say on what games they watched as they could not sell more tickets than there are seats available.

It would be nice to give a discount to new fans but how do you prove they are new fans and how do you stop upsetting the existing ones.

How about a free caley top,

Free advertising for the club, could you imagine a couple of thousand extra shirts advertising the club, 

Give them to the existing season ticket holders too.

Depending on how much they get the tops in for, it wouldn't cost them that much.

Buy your FIRST season ticket and get a free ICT shirt!!

When your free shirt starts to wear out or goes out of date you are more likely to buy a new one anyway.

More people encouraged to become season ticket holders

More advertising for the club

Fans more likely to buy a new one when their initial one wears out

A small kind one off gesture from the Club, for a lifetime investment.

There are some very valid points raised here:

My business Discount Plan  was originally formulated for brand new clients who had contacted me through responses to my advertising or through a recommendation from another person, possibly  one of my customers. I used the standard  price in all initial negotiations because I wanted to do the job first so that the quality of the work which I did would be very evident and gave me the platform upon which to sell my Plan. Of course, if the job presented unusual difficulties ,or I devined that I might be gettingg involved with a customer who could prove to be a problem in the future, I would allow myself the option of increasing the standard price before quoting it to him/her.

In almost all cases the price worked out at standard rates was sufficient and then after we had negotiated the terms of the job frequency and the relevant Discount applicable I allocated this discount to that standard rate. Doing so, and not trying to finaigle every situation is the simplest, most effective and  honest way to do business because if you treat every client on an equal basis you can avoid the pitfalls of receiving a call from a client who is unhappy because he /she has heard of a friend getting a Discount which they do not have.

So, to offset the possibility of that happening I then expanded the Plan to include existing clients which also allowed me to engage in more public advertising knowing that I had nothing to hide and could give a straight answer to a straight question if asked. This cemented my existing client relationships and meant that every client was treated in exactly the same manner and also gave me the opportunity of getting  most of my existing clients to authorise me to come and do the work on a regularly scheduled basis automatically, without having to telephone them every time that the schedule showed the job was due . Telephoning alone can be very time-consuming since Canadian customers don't often answer  messages left on voice mail and even if you can talk to them directly you sometimes have to be very persuasive to get their permission because they have other financial priorities to contend with also, or have to repeatedly 'phone them back to try to get them at home. The ceding of control to me obviated all that and a simple card sytem was all I needed to make sure that I did not overlook any future job date.

The Discounts that I propose for ICT relate as much to the fan who does NOT necessarily want to buy a full season ticket but would like a cheaper price to induce them to attend more games.  So the club in this case ensures that the percentage discount applicable under my scheme is less than that allocated for a full season ticket....the more you buy the greater the discount. This might, in turn, mean that they may require to increase the discount on a season ticket which is not a bad thing because it should induce the fan to buy one rather than not buy one, which is the preferred route for the club.

However, they could also offer a further discount for the last series of games in the season to those clients who had used the rolling scheme  a lot by giving them a discount bonus at the end of the season.

Yes there is work to administer the scheme but .....so what? If it results in additional revenue then hire a couple of smart young people and have someone check their work from time to time since we know that there must be proper checks and balances in place.  Doing it online of course, accompanied by the direct debit, is the most efficient way of handling it. The fan will need to select the series of games themselves of course and the seats would have to be available but the computer handle the bookings as if you were buying theatre tickets.

My main point is that the first step for the club is to initiate either this or a similar plan FIRST and then  subsequently fine-tune it to suit developing circumstances. That's work--so be it---the club must go to the people and say "heh folks, we want your business and support and this is what we are trying to do, call us" and not expect the public to come to you.

The last thing that I would like to suggest is for the Club  to set up a competition to involve all fans and the public asking them to send in suggestions for business development to the club. Then  make up a panel from the most committed of supporters (maybe) to judge what they consider to be the best entries. The Management must also have a representative sitting on this panel to engage themselves directly with the  fans who volunteer their time to show Management's commitment also to what should be a serious promo campaign. Then, on an ongoing basis, one or more selections are tried to see how they work. The most successful ideas can become a permanent advertisng tool and if adopted  the originator of that idea should receive a handsome prize...free tickets, free top or a voucher to spend in the gift store, but worth at least 100 pounds, perhaps more ......OR....a percentage of any increase in sales resulting from his/her suggestion which I think is a great incentive to think about this and ICT!.  :004: