FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cheltenham

Canada Bob

Hello Clacher...

Thanks for the text on Paddy the Plasterer, set me up for the day that did, I had 200 quid EW on it at SP, finished up 8/1

but the bookie couldnae pay me until his man had gone to the bank, sounds well don't it, that they don't have much more than a couple of grand behind the bar. Good job for him he dint pay me out as I was getting short of readies, so just 400 quid on Queveda, that horse I sent you by text, they locals were all over it, they said it would hiss it, and they were right, easiest winner of the day, I managed to get 400 quid on @ 5/2, knocking the local Bookie sick again, grin...

Had a great time in the pub down the street from the Bookies, they raised the roof when Queveda jumped the last going clear !!!

I'll have a look at Dumbarton tonight, but I might just hang on to me money...

Had a good day myself in the pub, was packed for the whole days racing, they were dishing out free pies till we could barely move, just starting to wind down now but I've just found a bottle of red wine in the kitchen which I'm claiming for the football later lol. Id Celestial Halo and Drombeag had kicked on I'd be dancing in the streets tonight but cant complain when 3 out of 4 bets return cash and one of them was a very good winner. Sadly I'm working the rest of the festival but will no doubt find a few bets for myself.

Dumbarton and Brechin tonight.. the doubles on. Taken Dumbarton HT/FT, The word is the Elgin players cant be bothered tonight ..(!) Not a dead cert by any means but if Dumbarton get 1 then they could end up with 10. I predicted theyd score 17 goals last Wednesday but they only managed the 2, same again tonight would be lovely,

I'll post my bets for Cheltenham up later, will only have a couple like today, would advise anybody betting at Chelts this week to take it easy with the stakes as it really is the closest thing youll get to a lottery in horse racing, its the only meeting where you know for sure theres no funny business and every horse an jockey is giving their all. Put them on and enjoy watching top class racing for once, if you can get a couple of drinks through you then all the better...

Hardly anyone in the pub again tonight, even though it was near full this afternoon, all this stuff going on over here in Northern Ireland has definitely made a difference.

Speaking of Cheltenham being a lottery, odd how that works aint it, there must be scores of pubs up and down Ireland and in England that are connected in some way with a horse, they all think their horse will win, and near all of them back it. How lucky was I to be in the right pub today, the one that had one of the winners, that's yer lottery for you.

When Queveda jumped the last you'd have thought you were at Wembley ! they near lifted the roof off the place, I got 5/2 to me money on that, finished 2/1 @ SP...

I think I'll be sticking with me winnings now, might just have the odd score on something, I won 3 grand today, and I don't fancy giving it back to the Bookie. The local shop must have taken a battering today, a couple of the local lads that I was drinking with when you sent me the text about Paddy the Plasterer backed it too, they were real curious as to why someone from Inverness was telling me ot back it, grin.

I'll watch the rest of the races in the pub, but I'll be keeping what I've won, too bleedin' easy to send it back where it came from. Let me know Clacher if there's any PTL's...

PS... what's a pint of Guinness in Inverness ? it was 3.60 Euro in County Mayo & Donegal, it's 2.60 quid here in Newcastle that's not bad, but the cheapest was in Londonderry 1.60 quid in a Weatherspoons..

Edited by Canada Bob

Hang about... where di my post form last night go?

I said I'm only backing SHIMROCK PADDY in the last of the day each way and that I've no idea about the price of Guinness as I never touch the stuff.

And Dumbarton did the business last night, 20% bonus from Brechin in too, good stuff all round.

Pint of guiness in Inverness is about 2.40 - 3.10 from what ive found. Dont know about wetherspoons as i dont drink in there.

I havent touched Cheltenham this year, going through a barren spell so giving it a miss.

Hi Libero...

Looks like the further away you go from Dublin the cheaper Guinness gets, and that rule carries across the pond too, Guinness is cheaper in Nova Scotia than in some places in Dublin...

As for Cheltenham, no bet for me today, that saved me a few quid, marked a few off in the paper but not one in the first three, FFS...

Me money will last longer in the pub than in the Bookies, had a good night out tonight, 4 pints for just ore a tenner...

Don't know if the soccer brought them out tonight, but more folks seem to be turning out hoping that the murders have ended, I'm not so sure about that, I'm near certain that the RIRA are building up to something big, so I'll be keeping a low profile on St Paddy's day, I certainly won't be in the Orange Hall, some of the lads here have invited me for a game of darts on Thursday night, but it's a "no thanks" from me...

Edited by Canada Bob