FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Don Cowie

Harry Chibber

Guest county_mad

as a county fan i would really like to see cowie go. cowie has built his reputation at county as a local the reason why so many county fans seem to over-rate him. cowie this season has been given the captains armband and it has proven to be to big a burden for him he is not a dominant player it really should of gone to adams not the best player but gets everything done. in his early days at county he was meant to be the next big thing 4 seasons later and I'm still waiting. true enough don can have a decent game if he's allowed space which I'm almost certain he wouldn't get in the spl if one hard tackle goes in on him he is basically anonymous. in regards to last season rankin was usually played on the left but with sort of free role so he could drift in and create things. how is the lad playing for u? you really have to play rankin in his right postiton to get the best out of him you will see that when he gets played there

so overall i warn caley off cowie but if u want him im really not complaining.

p.s does Christie have no other contacts apart from county? :024:

Rankin leaving already  :015:

We've not seen the best out of Rankin but it is obvious he is a decent player.. hopefully he'll bag a few more goals towards the end of the season. To be fair he has been just as good/bad as any of our players tis season.

Guest county_mad

:008: :008: :008: How shortsighted, surely we can manage to look further afield that bl**dy County!  :008: :008: :008:

as i have said before Christie dose not have the contacts to sign players from places other than the lower leagues of Scotland which is a problem in the long run.

Although county are in the first division with George Adams it seems we have struck up a feeder club works with celtic which seems only beneficial

Nothing to do with CC's network of contacts and everything to do with budget, if C*unty had made better use of their budget over the years in the same way ICT had then they may well have made it to the SPL aswell.

I'll take ICT's approach to signing players over C*unty's policy of signing washed up duds from the higher leagues on ludicrous wages or pay per play deals and day of the week.

Guest county_mad

so you would be quite happy for caley to sign say a stevie crawford player instead of some big bugger from the english conference who could quite easily hack it up in scotland

1, Contrary to what the uneducated may think, Charlie Christie and his team have plenty contacts all over the country.

2. How many 'big buggers' from the English Conference know enough about Inverness, as a place, to want to come here.

3. The better English Conference players probably earn more than we can afford.

4. If those 'big buggers' are so good and so willing to come north of the border, how come the teams who could afford them opt instaed for europeans and Trinidadians as well, of course, as players from the lower scottish leagues.

so you would be quite happy for caley to sign say a stevie crawford player instead of some big bugger from the english conference who could quite easily hack it up in scotland

WTF???? Surely the point was being made by CaleyD that C(o)unty have squandered plenty money on Crawford-type players, not ICT.

I had a chat with a County fan and former board member.  He agreed that Cowie isn't exactly performing to the best of his ability at the moment, but he did say that Cowie and Rankin together are a great combination.  Maybe that's what Charlie is thinking about.  Rankin is our record signing so far, so there is no way Charlie is going to let him go so soon.  Charlie rates him as a player and maybe Cowie is the missing link. 

As I said in another post I am actually looking forward to the transfer window this time around.  We do need to strengthen the squad and there is no doubt we will lose some of our main squad either in January or in the summer.  Interesting times ahead.