Unwanted records

I think we still hold the record for the highest points tally ever to get relegated from the Premier (37). I think we now also have the highest tally ever to get relegated from the Championship with 42. ☹️

• Thoughtful 1

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I think we still hold the record for the highest points tally ever to get relegated from the Premier (37). I think we now also have the highest tally ever to get relegated from the Championship with 42. ☹️

Joint championship record it is. 

Our second relegation from the premier league… was that the 2nd highest by any chance? I haven’t looked it up but felt it was high also. 

21 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Maybe get the hat trick of records next season :twothumbsup:

12 hours ago, caley100 said:

Poor Billy Mackay...  5 relegations on his CV.  

If only he'd scored a penalty !

If only Dunclown Ferguson didn't play him in a stupidly abysmal wingback/attacking midfielder/striker role.

He is a striker, and that is all, but instead he's being put into a role that would've probably more favoured Samuel.

If he stays, he NEEDS to be sat up top, not constantly backtracking, and he should be able to tear League One limb from limb

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Yngwie said:

We must also be the first team ever to get relegated with a positive goal difference?

Well, we have some in common with Man City! I was looking into this question and found that they were relegated with positive goal difference in 1937/38, the season after they had won the league.

In terms of the modern era, we might have a pretty unique claim. Found a Guardian article from a few years back that investigated if it had happened in the modern era and, apart from when there were points deductions, the only example they found was in the Greek 3rd division in the late 1990s, but it looks like there was some league restructuring happening because 5 teams in a 12 team league got relegated.

ICT - still making history.