FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Support the Board

Our Vice-Chairman, Graham Bennett, has been 110% behind ICT from day one. Taking the person opinions of him as an individual aside, if we look at the positives -

1. When  the other managers over the years have left the club over the years, usually for a bigger salary, he has been here, carrying on with business as usual. No mean task, in particular with something as emmotive and passionate as football.

2. Alan Savage knows exactly what he is doing, afterall, his background is personnel and he has a proven record of making the right choices.

3. Do we think for one minute that the Board have NOT considered all the options? They know that, initially, one of the hardest parts of the recruitment process is to sell the Highlands and the transport logistics. They are fully aware of the risk of going back and also the risk of 'picking a Wild Card'

4. The Board are made up of human beings, we make mistakes but we also are capable of making excellent moves too. Let's reflect on the good that the Board has done over the years, measuring not just in monetary terms, but in media coverage, growth and excellent highlights for, historically, a very young club.

5. Finally, it is was hard for CC to leave, knowing he would be under the spotlight for atleast a couple of weeks. AND, I think it is also very difficult for Brewster to through his hat back in the ring. Afterall, he knows more than anyone the fans will have their reservations. I am sure that his stint at DUFC and at Aberdeen will have wisened him.

Lets support the choice made by qualified and experienced men.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Vice-Chairman, Graham Bennett, has been 110% behind ICT from day one. Taking the person opinions of him as an individual aside, if we look at the positives -

1. When  the other managers over the years have left the club over the years, usually for a bigger salary, he has been here, carrying on with business as usual. No mean task, in particular with something as emmotive and passionate as football.

2. Alan Savage knows exactly what he is doing, afterall, his background is personnel and he has a proven record of making the right choices.

3. Do we think for one minute that the Board have NOT considered all the options? They know that, initially, one of the hardest parts of the recruitment process is to sell the Highlands and the transport logistics. They are fully aware of the risk of going back and also the risk of 'picking a Wild Card'

4. The Board are made up of human beings, we make mistakes but we also are capable of making excellent moves too. Let's reflect on the good that the Board has done over the years, measuring not just in monetary terms, but in media coverage, growth and excellent highlights for, historically, a very young club.

5. Finally, it is was hard for CC to leave, knowing he would be under the spotlight for atleast a couple of weeks. AND, I think it is also very difficult for Brewster to through his hat back in the ring. Afterall, he knows more than anyone the fans will have their reservations. I am sure that his stint at DUFC and at Aberdeen will have wisened him.

wat a pile of steaming......... :020:

So is this it..? The official board response... Qualified and experienced men..?

Scotty - Who is this person..?

Can you explain what you mean regards the Highlands and the transport logistics please?

In this context, the Highlands and the transport logistics generally tend to be a factor that must be considered when appointing a manager and attracting fans. We have a more expensive and less frequent air service than the central belt and even Aberdeen. The drive up and down the A9 is not always ideal for players/managers who have a settled family life in the central belt either.  This is a major factor when people have not experienced living here before.

I relocated to Inverness from the central belt five years ago, and have experienced no difficulty what-so-ever in getting around Scotland and the UK.... The quality of life here is so much higher than many places throughout the UK....

I do believe one of the applicants for the vacant managers position, a certain Mr Neil Warnock from Sheffield, during a recent visit to this area, expressed much satisfaction with Inverness and the surrounding area, and indicated it would be a really nice area in which to live.

Could you comment on that.....

Or are you the Immortal Howden Ender doing yet another elaborate wind up...?

Come off it, we all know geographic remoteness is a factor for ICT. It's the reeason why we lost our best 2 captains ever, and why we have missed out on signing targets.

But getting pack to the title of the thread, could the cynics please tell me when ourboard have ever let us down - from taking risks on Paterson, Robertson, brewster and Christie, to groundsharing at Pittodrie, getting the stands built, making a profit 3 years in a row.....

Some people have very short memories, and I sometimes feel they would be better off supporting one of the Old Firm.

Sheep. Baaaa! The board care exactly [] about what you think, I think, anyone thinks. Although nobody really cares what I think, come to think of it  :024: Given the way season ticket sales seem to go, there's no real reason to pay attention to the customer because there's no alternative product. Can you find another SPL team within 50 miles? Nah, so we're watching 2nd division or Highland League if we don't go to TCS. Last time I looked at the schedule, Setanta rarely showed ICT games, so there's no TV option to take bums off seats. And with a ground under 8000 capacity and sometimes not even filled for Old Firm games, fan power isn't exactly significant.

Anyway, up to you, away ye go and thank the butcher  :003:

:clapping03:

RichAss  and the Icelandichomo are evidently feckin plants.

The Board have brought this club to where it is today and preserved it and always had my backing. But this fiasco is a total feckin disgrace. They have misled the fan base.

Loved the wee slip by the Icelandic fake - "The board are made up of human beings. WE make mistakes...

To which Kissmaass applauds.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This absolutely STINKS.