FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Support the Board

But anyway (2) what do YOU think of this Brewster  appointment Charles?

SP...I put in my tuppence worth (2d rather than 2p to someone of your vintage!) at the top of the "Brewster in perspective" thread.

As reagrds the spelling ang grammar at the top of this thread, apart from what's very probably a typo ior two, it looks reasonably "up to IRA standards" but it wiznaeme!

As for the Board, I take the view that Caley Thistle, from a very inauspicious start, seems to have come a very long way in 13 years for the Board to have been deficient over that period - give or take the odd ?2 million debt!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Board, I take the view that Caley Thistle, from a very inauspicious start, seems to have come a very long way in 13 years for the Board to have been deficient over that period - give or take the odd ?2 million debt!

Are you pleased with the manner in which the board have gone about in choosing a successor for Charlie Christie.?

Guest sophia

Charle Bannerman wrote:

"This thread was NOT initiated by anyone on the board nor by anyone with a particular interest in the manner in which the board is perceived, nor by anyone directly linked with Caley Thistle (nor by me!)"

So who is the Deep Throat?

No not that one, try American politics!

Is it someone related to a club employee / director?

Is it a regular poster on here that is interested in creating hyperbole?

Have many been had?

Why has this all gone quiet?

Anybody seen "Secret Window"?

Good post, fer once, Johnboy but an even wittier one from Sophia !!

Comparability to Watergate, Good old Nixon and even Mort and shooter. And as my good friend Francis Bacon once said to me ?The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love?

And the eloquence of the initial post leads to the poster being unable to respond personally but attempts to seek out individuals who he/she evidently looks at as being a responsible and sobering individual whose words will placate the masses !! That just adds fuel to the fire.

Anyway Sophias post initially brought back images of Linda Lovelace but then: - it may not be Secret Window - it may be the return of :

154366506_4843a3f656.jpg SQUIRREL  :crazy07:

:crazy07:

Why, why,why,why oh why has Brewster been appointed?. Due to personal circumstances I have not been participating in the Forum for many months.  In that time my interest and support for the club has not changed, evidenced by attendance at several home games and a few away fixtures. CC's position was laterly under some criticisim, and a new appointment could be forseen, given the time the Board had to plan, Brewster as Manager is not a wise decision by "qualified and experienced men", plus fake posts are a bit poor.

It is a step backwards, not because he previously was in the position but his behavior immediately before being "tangoed" when he pledged continuing loyalty to the club, then b#ggered off, this along with his pitifull record in Dundee ( 3 wins 30 games ) does not promise great things.

The Board should have matched the ICT potential with an experienced and successfull Manager,even although the salary might have caused some upset, we are big time, act it!!!!.

Having come alive again to comment feels good BUT Brewster is not the right man and although I hope I am wrong we will not progress in the way that we could, had a different  person been appointed.

IHE

YES!!!!  It's the squirrel back. Must be him for sure...

Currently my eyes are glazing over wiv "ennui".    Shoot, when the squirrel was about with his plethora of pedantic pontifications life was hardly tejious? :015: If it is not him perhaps if we continue to call him in from the cold he will again impress his imposing presence on our scene.

As for Sofia..see, IHE,  I told you she was bright as a button and buzzed like a bee.! :002:

She is by far too bright for me,  being only a poor plagiaristic penurious  Pimple with no particular  bent with words in the plyance of my trade.

The only sad thing for me is that many a time and oft in the forum of friendliness I doth not understand all of which she writes.  :003:

And Chas--thank you for reminding me with your gentle humour of my advancing age--you are awful , but I like you ! LOL

Truth is I am so old that only Jock watt is  older than the Pimple and I do remember getting in to Telford Street a  looonnnnnggg  time ago for sixpence.    :rotflmao:

Yet another person spouting off that Brewster is a bad appointment, but without coming up with a single alternative!

Come on Bigmack, give us the names of better candidates who would actually be interested in the job.

YNGWIE,

Point taken, but as the deed is done and further witterring on potential managers from me would not be as good as other more enlightened posters. However in my mutterings I did indicate that salary would be an important aspect, ie, if the Board made realistic cash available the applicants list would be fairly long, and hopefully produce a quality appointment.

Yngwie, lets turn this round for a minute, as you and others have, on a few occasions, challenged us doubting thomass' to name better candidates..........can you give us a list of resons which make Brewster such a good appointment?

Guest WynessLegend

Yngwie, lets turn this round for a minute, as you have on a few occasions challenged us doubting thomass' to name better candidates..........can you give us a list of resons which make Brewster such a good appointment?

An immediate impact on the confidence of our squad - particularly with his public praise for players who had recently been singled out for criticism.

Signing Malkowski, Proctor and McGuire when given a ridiculously short period of time before the transfer window closed.

A high profile in the game which makes signings more attainable.

A proven track record in improving fitness levels and getting the most out of his players.

A determination to make a success of ICT and to continually improve as a manager.

I could go on ...........................

An immediate impact on the confidence of our squad - particularly with his public praise for players who had recently been singled out for criticism.

Signing Malkowski, Proctor and McGuire when given a ridiculously short period of time before the transfer window closed.

A high profile in the game which makes signings more attainable.

A proven track record in improving fitness levels and getting the most out of his players.

A determination to make a success of ICT and to continually improve as a manager.

I could go on ...........................

All of which you state could be said of probably ANY new managers arrival at TCS! You are giving the impression that todays signings are something special....one is woeful, one is questionable and the other deserves the benefit of doubt.

IHE you need to step back a bit. You are probably our most travelled supporter. Your heart is where Charlie's is.

We are a small club and yet in four weeks we turn a difficult management situation towards the right direction. There is a positive feeling behind the scenes in the Stadium and Craig is more circumspect now than first time around. Perhaps the club should consider an open night for supporters who would like to put something into the club other than some of the recent negativity of which unfortunately quite a lot of us have contributed an element as well.

In the last 4 weeks week have signed 5 new players all with SPL experience apart from Steve Watt providing a range of options. Marius is clearly an outstanding talent the like of which we have never seen in an ICT shirt.

We have allowed two modest players to learn the tough game at Elgin and are nurturing Wood at Montrose. There are good players in the reserves and youths.

We have a dedicated singing section which has vastly improved the atmosphere at games. There was a vacancy on the Board recently and if you feel you could have more influence there you should consider joining at that level.

Anyway Sophias post initially brought back images of Linda Lovelace but then: - it may not be Secret Window - it may be the return of :

The squirrel won't be back - Beth Ditto ate him -  In an interview for NME magazine, she commented "I did eat squirrels when I was a kid, people in Arkansas just do - they'd think you were a freak if you ate squid there!"

Yngwie, lets turn this round for a minute, as you and others have, on a few occasions, challenged us doubting thomass' to name better candidates..........can you give us a list of resons which make Brewster such a good appointment?

I'm very disappointed that we have ended up with Brewster, simply because he failed so miserably at Tannadice and proved that his real impact on ICT was as a Player not a manger.

I'm not a member of the Board, yet, but I would guess they chose him because :

1) Immediately available (important with transfer window shutting)

2) Extremely keen on the job

3) No qualms about moving to Inverness

4) No transfer fee

5) Affordable salary (meaning more funds available to get players in transfer window)

6) Still a great player into the bargain

7) Knows most of the squad (and staff behind the scenes) so can hit the ground running

8) We DID do very well under his last reign, (despite some very vocal revisionists on this site)

9) Last time around his sides were ALWAYS organised, fit and very hard to beat. That's what we need right now.

10) No other credible candidates with sufficient track record seem to be available at the moment, or affordable, or interested in the job.

At the end of the day our previous 3 managers may have been the best candidates. They all failed when they moved on, so take your pick!