FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jim Farry - RIP (?)

Scotty

Jim_Farry_1759937c.jpg

Jim Farry, former chief executive of the SFA, and before that Secretary of the SFL for 10 years, has died of a heart attack aged 56 this week.

A focus of anger for much of his tenure at the SFL & especially at the SFA, I think Roddy Forsyth's article in the Telegraph sums up a few perhaps lesser known points about some of his controversial decisions specifically the debacle over the Scotland game scheduled for the day of Princess Diana's funeral .... also didnt know about the 'discreet' concessions he won regarding the Taylor report, and the reason behind it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/scottish-premier/8127520/Jim-Farry-Scottish-Football-Association-chief-executive-and-football-administrator-par-excellence.html

After reading that article, I think it is safe to say R.I.P Mr Farry.

Aside from the Jorge Cadete debacle (was it on pupose or mistake who knows?) Farry always struck me as reasonable. When you see the ***** that followed him, he was an absolute genius!

Was 100% with him on the funeral, especially if it saved me from hearing that bloody awful Elton John song again.

Farry was probably a wee bit ahead of his time.