FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Football on tv

12th Man

Rangers need to change it in the 2nd half. Two goals needed. Bet Walter will still play it tight. I'd haul off Edu (never been a fan) and Foster for Diouf and Naismith. Healy would also be on after 15 mins for Wylde probably if they don't get an early goal.

I expect Smith to bring on Diouf for Foster or Wylde, then with about 10 mins to go, still 1-0 down, another sub, then be content at only losing 1-0/drawing 1-1, rather than the all-or-nothing it is.

Just crazy Smith still hasn't thought of bringing on a natural goalscorer like Healy. Instead, he'd rather push Bougherra up 'just in case' he's needed in defence. You're going out man! Have some risk about you.

Lizi - you don't need to be a Rangers fan to want the Scottish team to win in Europe.

Just crazy Smith still hasn't thought of bringing on a natural goalscorer like Healy. Instead, he'd rather push Bougherra up 'just in case' he's needed in defence. You're going out man! Have some risk about you.

Lizi - you don't need to be a Rangers fan to want the Scottish team to win in Europe.

I am neither pro or against Rangers or Celtic or whoever, in Europe, but will support any Scottish team in Europe with a majority of mainly UK players - which neither Rangers or Celtic do, or many of the English teams - hence my derision towards them. Our Scotland team is poor, due to the huge wages paid to foreign players in the Premier Leagues - hence our home grown players not getting their chances to shine. Having watched the "foreign stars" on Wednesday night at our Stadium, I conclude that our home grown talent is not far behind those over-paid big-headed "stars" but, as a "unknowing" female OAP, (despite watching footie since age 5 or so) who am I to make a comment. I wait in hope for the day (which wont come, I suppose,) when a cap will be made on the number of foreign players allowed per team - oh dear - human rights, equal rights, etc! Come on, IHE, support me in this, please. (OK, ICT has its own share of Irish/English etc, but not to the same extent - posters can slate me as much as they want but ICT has more Scots than "outsiders")(and I value the Irish especially highly )(for more reasons than one!). Please dont shout me down, everyone, I believe many of you support the same views.

• Agree 1

We now have freedom of movement in the EU so I guess it would be difficult to stop the european players (and where would we be without the Irish) but what I always find strange with football is that you seem to be able to get a work permit for a non EU player far easier than you are able to renew your passport. In other trades and professions a foreign national will only be allowed in to work if it can be shown that there is a shortage of people wanting the job from within our own shores. Now if Rangers and Celtic were to advertise a vacancy for a striker or a holding midfield player I am sure there would be loads of young scots only too happy to apply for the vacancy. There is no need to go to Japan or Senegal to be able to fill the vacancy. Having said that, it is good that the system allows the talented players from other nations to play on the bigger stage but there needs to be some balance here. I for one would certainly support a limit on foreign players

aah, shame! Oh well, back to supporting ICT (as we should!).

Did you stop for a while? You don't support an international team? No likings for an English team? No fondness for any Highland league club? I don't see how wanting Scotland's last representatives to do well in a European competition which ICT can't even enter detracts from supporting Inverness.

And, for the record, I also wanted all the other clubs to do well when they were in it.

I am neither pro or against Rangers or Celtic or whoever, in Europe, but will support any Scottish team in Europe with a majority of mainly UK players - which neither Rangers or Celtic do

8 out of 11 of Rangers players were from the UK, 5 of them Scots.

And given probably our full-strength line-up would include Hogg, Gillet, Cox, Foran, Hayes, Rooney and probably one from Odi, Sanchez or Gill, that's 7 from 11 that aren't Scots. Less than Rangers tonight.

but, as a "unknowing" female OAP, (despite watching footie since age 5 or so) who am I to make a comment.

You've as much right as anyone else. Who said you shouldn't? Who mentioned (apart from yourself) your sex or age?

I wait in hope for the day (which wont come, I suppose,) when a cap will be made on the number of foreign players allowed per team - oh dear - human rights, equal rights, etc!

Me too. But I'll still support the Scottish teams in Europe over a Dutch team. Anything else just seems petty.

Come on, IHE, support me in this, please. (OK, ICT has its own share of Irish/English etc, but not to the same extent - posters can slate me as much as they want but ICT has more Scots than "outsiders")(and I value the Irish especially highly )(for more reasons than one!). Please dont shout me down, everyone, I believe many of you support the same views.

I don't know why you're calling for back-up or being paranoid that you'll be 'shouted down'. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, as others are entitled to disagree.

I've not been rude or obnoxious, I just support Scotland in Europe. I'll have a laugh when the OF go out but, deep down, it just makes the competition a little less interesting. If you don't agree, fine. I'm not attacking, just disagreeing.

I'm not getting in to the rights and wrongs of whether one should support the ugly sisters in Europe (or any other Scottish team who gets there), although personally, I would, but I just wanted to comment on the two games last night, Liverpool and Rangers versus their respective opponents. I flicked continuously between the two games. Liverpool were appalling, nothing more than the long ball punt towards Carroll. Rangers seemed to be marginally better, and I suppose they had a good shout for a penalty in that goal mouth hand ball incident, but I thought the standard of football from both was abysmal. You can't blame their opposition. Both came to do a job and achieved it. But I've seen better football from my grandchildren on a Sunday morning than any of these so called ''top sides' served up last night. Just glad I didn't have to fork out good money to watch it!