FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

March 17th... my 1st ICT match conundrum

Eagle4Caley

Hi Chaps

I need some advice…I had targeted March 16th for my 1st Caley home game, a little local derby, and pretty excited about it. (I live down in South London and also support Crystal Palace, so all takes a bit of organising). I have return flights booked and a hotel. HOWEVER we have a super chance of getting to the Cup Final which will be held on the Sunday. I could possibly book a flight from Glasgow back home on the Sunday (or even Monday), although will become more expensive the later I leave it. Certain things come to mind that affect what I might do.

1) Having never been to a home match before, how likely would it be that I could get a Cup Final ticket (I feel such a glory hunter)

2) Do ICT run away travel coaches, any idea on cost to Glasgow

3) What time is the Cup Final usually played (could affect decision on return flight home)

Cheers for any comments

Never ever count chickens before they hatch. 

If we do overcome Hearts and they will be desperate for a second final in less than a year, there will be no problem getting a ticket unless Celtic or St Mirren want a ridiculous amount.

ICT do have travel coaches but I am sure some kind supporter would have one spare seat. Single train travel to Glasgow is about £11.50 plus the cost to Hampden and back to Airport. 

The game is on Sunday at 3.00 pm. With extra time and penalties it might not finish until nearer 6. Getting to the Airport might be problematic with St Mirren or Celtic supporters joining the rush.

Look forward to the Ross County game and see what happens.

1) Having never been to a home match before, how likely would it be that I could get a Cup Final (I feel such a glory hunter)

I dont forsee you would have any problem getting a ticket...

2) Do ICT run away travel coaches, any idea on cost to Glasgow

Yes, It is usually £14 (?) return

3) What time is the Cup Final usually played (could affect decision on return flight home)

Usually at 3pm - hopefully not going to extra time etc..

Bottom line is that you will get a feckin ticket, ya will be welcomed (double voddie and coke helps of course) and in either of those games ya will be entertained and even if the games are cancelled at the last feckin minute ya can still get pisshed - by the way the new password to the Innes bar is "Ian Holloway is a bald headed ****".

• Agree 1