Against All Odds

tm4tj

To steal one of Charlies titles...................

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2013-14/hearts-v-invernessct-semi-final-r1123

Fantastic achievement :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead:

Not a steal at all! I am more than happy to donate it. :smile: (Come to think of it, the title was Dougie McGilvray's idea anyway!)

• Agree 1

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2013-14/hearts-v-invernessct-semi-final-r1123

Fantastic achievement :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead:

Not a steal at all! I am more than happy to donate it. :smile: (Come to think of it, the title was Dougie McGilvray's idea anyway!)

I've just come up with a new word: "plagiarism".  :-p

Edited because: Added tongue-in cheek smiley for FS.

Edited by ilpadrino

I've just come up with a new word: "plagiarism".  :-p

Edited because: Added tongue-in cheek smiley for FS.

Actually what happened was that the "working title" I used during the writing phase was "Blue, Black and Red" and this was reflected in the fact that that I collated all my notes in a "Black and Red" brand hardbacked notebook - on to which I stuck a couple of blue plastic squares, just in case anyone took exception. On the other hand the notebook was still "predominantly black and red" :lol:

Then when we got down to discussing an actual title, Dougie McGilvray, as Chairman of the day, expressed a strong preference for "Against All Odds" which has rather grown on me over the years - and with some justification. Consider also, for instance, since the book was published in 1997 -

* Coming back from 3-0 down in the Cup against Ayr.

* Emerging, smelling of roses, from a £2 million+ debt crisis in 1999.

* Celtic 1 Caley Thistle 3

* Winning the First Division TWICE (2004 and 2010) from an apparent position of no hope.

* Getting the SPL to scrap their absurd 10,000 seat rule and bend their 31st March rule to allow entry via a groundshare.

* Putting the north and south stands up in 40 odd days to alow SPL football to come to Inverness.

There's probably more, but now....

* Coming back from 2-1 down with nine men to win through to a first major national cup final.

Incredible stuff which sounds more like a Roy of the Rovers novel.

• Agree 1