FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Let's go out of Sneck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 9:25 AM, Robert said:

Thanks, any thoughts as why someone would have one tied to a pole in their garden? They have chickens roaming too, so possibly something to do with that?

Tied to the pole so it doesn’t fly away or kill the chickens! Don’t really know, but they are commonly used in falconry.

Could any of you pin the exact location of this pic please. It was taken on my first ever tour of Scotland in 1978 - hence the poor quality. It was one of the first shots, I think, that I took on the tour and fairly sure it's in Dumfries & Galloway. We were head for Ayr via Dumfries.

trek02.jpg

5 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Interesting viewpoint!  Not far out of town...

Yes from the early 60's, the hotel beside caravan park is still there but the pier is long gone.

I had no idea on the one from Gringo.

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

Could any of you pin the exact location of this pic please. It was taken on my first ever tour of Scotland in 1978 - hence the poor quality. It was one of the first shots, I think, that I took on the tour and fairly sure it's in Dumfries & Galloway. We were head for Ayr via Dumfries.

trek02.jpg

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Cioch na h’Oighe on the Isle of Arran!

https://mountaincowardadventures.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/arran-a-coward-on-cioch-na-h-oighe/
almost the same photo in this article

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Cioch na h’Oighe on the Isle of Arran!

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Many thanks guys. We did Arran on the second day of the tour. Would this image also be on Arran?

trek03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Got three more I'm struggling with. Pic 1 might be Gairloch area? As for 2 and 3 I,m struggling.

trek15.jpg

This one’s easy. Kylesku. You probably came off the ferry which has been replaced by a bridge. That’s Quinag (Cuinneag) behind. The boat is in the ferries topic somewhere.

• Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Many thanks. Yes, defo on the ferry. The bridge wasn't even thought of back then :ponder:

I should have recognised Kyleshu having been there a few times since. Doh!

Cheers.