FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team Tactics - It's like herding cats!

MacBandy

Some people are on here talking about poor tactics and playing people out of position (aka Rossco) and hoofball. I disagree entirely.

I thought Rossco was immense today.  With Blackie back in the team playing as we did today with such an attacking midfield we just might pull it off next season. There was verylittle hoofball....Bayne wasn't playing  :004:

I agree that the defence was total pap today. Especially Proc, who just couldn't handle Aluko, and McGuire who is always a liability lately. But if the defence gets it's act together and plays as it can we just might score goals! We scored 3 times today.

Also, as an attacking midfielder Rossco was pretty good at covering for his right back....why's that then?

Looks like Brew reads this board  :023:

Not poor tactics today...just poor defending. Typical isn't it? Just as sort one hole the dam leaks somwhere else!

So were you covering your eyes every time a long ball was fired from defence?  I lost count of the number of times Hastings, Munro and McGuire hoofed the ball up the park when under no pressure at all.  Proctor did not do this once.

Tokely being played in an attacking role, kind of worked this time, but I believe this was down to Aberdeen not expecting this.  It'll probably not work again due to his lack of pace.

As I've mentioned on the match day thread and the thread on confidence in Brewster, why leave it so f*cking late to subsitute?  :008:  That is not being tactically astute.  Why not make all 3 substitutes when it was brutally aparent we were sh*t defensively?!  Why play Paatelainen on the left?!  From what I've seen, he's only got a decent right foot!

Brew OUT!  :008:

My comments wern't meant to be a defence of Brew. Just that I think it could work like this. I would also add that if we still had Rankin and Wilson we would not be having this debate! I agree that the substitutions were too late, although I thought Patti was the best I have seen him this season.

McGuire & Munro did hoof the ball too much but, as I said, they were pap. This was not a deliberate tactic and we did a lot of neat passing.

I would just say that we shouldn't blame poor defending on formation and tactics.

On another point what were those long corners to nobody all about?

One more...IHE..what are your thoughts on Marius after today? Edit: Forget that, just read your smilyometer, I like a man who is prepared to reconsider :tic01: :clapping03: