FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Striker.....

CaleyD

Guest ancientsaint

We are an established SPL club, they are not.

Although your certainly trying your best NOT to be.......but then again when George Peat has his way it could be the SPL2........Honestly dont see Savo being your saving grace.....you should be looking at Dundee's -Antoine Courier .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Savo is free to sign a pre-contract in january.

Corrected.

Realistically, you are talking about a guy who probably earns enough money in Perth to mean that uprooting his young family for what is on offer in Inverness just isn't worth his while financially. He's playing for a club where he knows he'll start most weeks and that will remain the case if we are promoted. From the club's point of view, there is no pressure to sell our top goalscorer as we aren't in difficultly financially and still have a lot to aim for this season. Considering the fee you paid for Dougie Imrie, who DID only have a few months on his contract, this time last year, ?40,000 for Milne is simply an insult.

MANAGER & MILNE DELIGHTED WITH CONTRACT EXTENSION

I've also heard he's struggling to cope with the McDairmid silence on match days.......says that even the sweetie papers have stopped rustling.

He'd be right at home at the TCS then :rotflmao:

Seriously though, lets not forget that St. J are one of the teams that ICT based their early seasons on as a model. A smaller team, competing in the top league with a compact and decent stadium on the edge of a town that calls itself a city ...........

All this talk of us being an "established SPL" team is just a little arrogant. We are at the moment, but there are plenty others that can say they were in that position once, including St. J .....

I've also heard he's struggling to cope with the McDairmid silence on match days.......says that even the sweetie papers have stopped rustling.

He'd be right at home at the TCS then :rotflmao:

Seriously though, lets not forget that St. J are one of the teams that ICT based their early seasons on as a model. A smaller team, competing in the top league with a compact and decent stadium on the edge of a town that calls itself a city ...........

All this talk of us being an "established SPL" team is just a little arrogant. We are at the moment, but there are plenty others that can say they were in that position once, including St. J .....

I agree, there are only really about half a dozen established SPL teams and we, most certainly, aren't one of them !

The established SPL teams, that is those who have played in every SPL season since the present league was formed, are: Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee U, Hearts, Kilmarnock and Motherwell. The other three founder members of the league were St Johnston, Dundee and Dunfermline.

Other useless information:

St. Mirren are the only club to have been promoted into the SPL twice. Dunfermline Athletic are the only club to have been relegated from the SPL twice.