FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Striker.....

CaleyD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a rumour that he is to be joining ICT, but he may not be one of the "two new signings in two days" being discussed elsewhere on the forum.

steve lovell?

He's only 27, although he did play for Dundee (but not Plymouth or Forfar) and he never scored against us in the last 12 months.

I asked top Saint Johnstone fan, and all round nice guy, Radford from P & B for his opinions on this rumour and here is what he said:

More likely than Jackson as realistically, Savo is never going to play above SPL level. He's been down to the Championship and was back within a year, although was unfortunate with injury, which has been the story of his career. He's quite a homebird but I wouldn't think a move to Inverness would be that big a move for him. He's under contract for two years so we'd be looking for something respectable although not excessive.

When he's on his game, he's tremendous and he'll always work hard but he does go through spells when he can't seem to buy a chance, let alone a goal. Pace and movement are his key assets though. He's not lightening fast by allied to his high fitness levels, he can give most defenders the run around. His overall game has improved in his time with Saints but he's still not a great link up player and his main strength is playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

He's injured at the moment though... again.

At least he is fitn so that will, in theory, appeal to Brewster  :002:

I've heard worse names mentioned recently!

Certainly ticks the experienced box and has quite a decent scoring record, that, of course, being weighed against being somewhat injury prone  :024:

St J. have quite a few strikers on the books just now so it's feasible - maybe ?50k??

I've heard worse names mentioned recently!

Certainly ticks the experienced box and has quite a decent scoring record, that, of course, being weighed against being somewhat injury prone  :024:

St J. have quite a few strikers on the books just now so it's feasible - maybe ?50k??

Yeah, possibly but they only extended his deal at christmas.

I recall on Championship Manager 2002, Steven Milne was a dundee player, and if you managed to get him, he would bang goals in for ya, no matter what team you were in charge of  :001:

I dont think he is the type of striker we need.

He would be a great signing and i think it's a good idea.

But we really need a target man that can win long balls and compete we centre halfs. Barrowman and Rooney cant do that.

Guest Mahonio

:015: :015: :015: :015: I have a Saints mate who i think will be avoiding me as i will wind him up over a) us beating them (actually haven't seen him since then!!) and b) this if it is true and he signs. Didn't think there was any Saints fans in Thurso anyway.  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

My source is someone who is normally pretty spot on with these things.

Not sure of any details with regards to the kind of deal we might be looking at, but with his injury worries we would have to tread carefully.

St Johnstone are due us a favour or two with us loaning them Caff and Wilson last season, so they might prove easier to deal with than we think.

Steve Milne played and scored for Saints last night, we also have made a defininte bid for him on monday.

We have a situation that we could have a pretty good strike force in place for the weekend, If we get Milne, Rooney deal goes through that will give us 3 strikers with Rory to back up, no bad eh?

However the situation could go bad if Saints reject our offer, the rooney thing falls through - which it may do firstly beacuse we want a year deal, they want 6 months, they are asking for him to play first teams games unless injured, this would give us Barrowman and Rory with only Wood as backup... scary stuff.

And still no word of sorting the defence.

Guest Mahonio

What makes you think or know we made offer.

I read teletext, and P&J everyday as well as website and nothing mentioned there or on bbc or ITV news which i watch everyday too.

I take it you have sources mate?

What makes you think or know we made offer.

I read teletext, and P&J everyday as well as website and nothing mentioned there or on bbc or ITV news which i watch everyday too.

I take it you have sources mate?

These things dont reach the press until after they've been aired on this forum