FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Return of Robbo

Doofer

Also when Robbo left for Hearts he also mad some very insulting remarks abut us as a club and i don't think this was very fair.

I may be suffering from a rose-tinted memory, but what exactly were these remarks Robbo was suppose to have made?

Guest flossy10cat

I reckon Robbo in charge with Wilson back as a coach and Christie back as number 2 - All the guys love the team, the place but more importantly they all now have something to prove.

I reckon Robbo in charge with Wilson back as a coach and Christie back as number 2 - All the guys love the team, the place but more importantly they all now have something to prove.

I could certainly live with that. Charlie Christie may not have relished the role of manager but the fact is he remains far and away our most successful manager at this level.

We can not keep going back!!! Look at where going back for a manager has got us.

Yes Robbo won us the 1st Division and yes his overall time at ICT was sucessful but that was then and this is now. It was his choice to walk out in 2004 and since then his track record has been terrible.

We are bottom of the table with a seriously depleted squad and imo it will take alot to raise that and i certainly don't think Robbo will be up to it.

What we need is a new face with new ideas. Somone who dosen't know the team.

Edited by ajsict92

I was never a massive Robbo fan either. I remember the team put on a fantastic performance in his first game at Love St but as a rule it was pretty dire stuff after Pele. Even beating Celtic at TCS, we were dire to watch (but maybe we were just spoiled). But those days seem like a dream now.

To use a cliche, I'd take winning ugly right now as all we're doing is losing ugly.

Like many on this thread, I don't think Robbo is the saviour that he is painted as by many fans. If we have learnt anything from the Brewster debacle, it is that you should never go back in fottball. A new manager should have been appointed at the time instead of Brewster and a fresh face is needed now to change things. Don't recall the team playing silky attractive football with Robbo in charge anymore than they have done with Brewster. Robbo is not the man for the job in my opinion.

I was never a massive Robbo fan either. I remember the team put on a fantastic performance in his first game at Love St but as a rule it was pretty dire stuff after Pele. Even beating Celtic at TCS, we were dire to watch (but maybe we were just spoiled). But those days seem like a dream now.

To use a cliche, I'd take winning ugly right now as all we're doing is losing ugly.

Like many on this thread, I don't think Robbo is the saviour that he is painted as by many fans. If we have learnt anything from the Brewster debacle, it is that you should never go back in fottball. A new manager should have been appointed at the time instead of Brewster and a fresh face is needed now to change things. Don't recall the team playing silky attractive football with Robbo in charge anymore than they have done with Brewster. Robbo is not the man for the job in my opinion.

Walter Smith went back to Ibrox.....

I think players have it a bit easier returning than managers as they can be successful as an individual and look good again on their own while the manager needs about 11 people to be good to make him look like it was a good decision to bring them back.

Reading that back I don't think that makes any sense!

True , Walter did go back to Ibrox but what has he won since returning ?

A lot of the Rankers fans dont want him as manager .

Won the SPL title 2007/8...

Named SPL Manager of the year...

Got Rangers to the final of the UEFA Cup... (First European final for 36 years)

I don't know many Rangers fans that think Smith returning to Ibrox was a mistake..

Edited by Johnboy

Guest Inverness0d

To me Robbo played a 1980's style of football which was not as nearly attractive as the football played under Pele but ironically got us promotion. The best football the team played was when Duncan Shearer was coach and whatever his faults no one can doubt that Pele could spot a player he uncovered some gems for us and I would dearly like to see both back, Shearer as coach, Patterson as assistant manager/chief scout and John Brown as manager.

I don't know many Rangers fans that think Smith returning to Ibrox was a mistake..

I bow to your superior football knowledge :rotflmao:

I bow to your superior football knowledge :rotflmao:

Apologies... SPL title should of course have read Scottish Cup!!

They also won the League cup that year.

Edited by Johnboy

Think it was my 18th birthday, robbo and parky walked into the press room with a cake, singing happy birthday. that was pretty surreal i can tell you. Robbo was a very fans on manager of our club. The supporters nights out etc etc.

Very supportive guy. :rotflmao: