FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

So What Happens Now?

Hiro

Now that our releagtion has been confirmed what is going to happen at ICTFC? For example what will happen tot he youth system and reserve team. Part of the SPL requirement was that we enter a team in the reserve league and under 19 leagues. As far as I am aware the SFL does not have a reserve or under 19 set up like the SPL. What happens to our talented youngsters and squad players? Obviously this will mean the first team squad will be trimmed back but what is the knock on effect on the youth system. If our 17, 18 and 19 year olds have nowhere to play willl the youth setup be disbanded? In my opinion that would be a huge mistake as we are finally starting to see the benefits of a well planned and funded programme which will soon provide more first team players. However, if cutbacks have to be made will this area suffer more than most?

My other concern is that of the other staff around the TCS like the office and admin staff who are a life saver on many an occasion for some of us. Will there be a knock on effect in terms of jobs or can we sustain the numbers we currently have? I would hope that with the financial prudence shown in the past by the boards that we can take the drop down to SFL better than most.

The club really needs to have a good plan of action for life in the first division otherwise the stay could be longer than necessary. This relegation - although gutting and truly horrible should now be used to bring this club back to how it used to be. For the last 2 years some of the signings have been ill though out and rash. No thought has been given to a style of play or how a player will fit in with the rest of the squad. We need to use this relegation to clear out some of those signings (Gatheussi, Proctor, Zadi, Rooney etc.) and get back to focusing on the true ICT style of play that will get us promoted - this needs to be complimented by a few howegrown youngsters who can fill in for injuries and suspensions and retain a sense of local identity (something that has been sorely lacking recently).

In order to achieve this we also need to play our part so I urge all of you to support the club in any way you can. I know we have our grievances with some of the sneior manageemnt (directors and DOF) but that isn't going to help anything (unless someone has a spare few mill?). I therefore urge you all to renew your season tickets, buy the new away shirt or anything that will get us back to wear we belong.

ICTFC and proud!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hiro

Now that our releagtion has been confirmed what is going to happen at ICTFC? For example what will happen tot he youth system and reserve team. Part of the SPL requirement was that we enter a team in the reserve league and under 19 leagues. As far as I am aware the SFL does not have a reserve or under 19 set up like the SPL. What happens to our talented youngsters and squad players? Obviously this will mean the first team squad will be trimmed back but what is the knock on effect on the youth system. If our 17, 18 and 19 year olds have nowhere to play willl the youth setup be disbanded? In my opinion that would be a huge mistake as we are finally starting to see the benefits of a well planned and funded programme which will soon provide more first team players. However, if cutbacks have to be made will this area suffer more than most?

My other concern is that of the other staff around the TCS like the office and admin staff who are a life saver on many an occasion for some of us. Will there be a knock on effect in terms of jobs or can we sustain the numbers we currently have? I would hope that with the financial prudence shown in the past by the boards that we can take the drop down to SFL better than most.

The club really needs to have a good plan of action for life in the first division otherwise the stay could be longer than necessary. This relegation - although gutting and truly horrible should now be used to bring this club back to how it used to be. For the last 2 years some of the signings have been ill though out and rash. No thought has been given to a style of play or how a player will fit in with the rest of the squad. We need to use this relegation to clear out some of those signings (Gatheussi, Proctor, Zadi, Rooney etc.) and get back to focusing on the true ICT style of play that will get us promoted - this needs to be complimented by a few howegrown youngsters who can fill in for injuries and suspensions and retain a sense of local identity (something that has been sorely lacking recently).

In order to achieve this we also need to play our part so I urge all of you to support the club in any way you can. I know we have our grievances with some of the sneior manageemnt (directors and DOF) but that isn't going to help anything (unless someone has a spare few mill?). I therefore urge you all to renew your season tickets, buy the new away shirt or anything that will get us back to wear we belong.

ICTFC and proud!!!!!!!!!!!!

SFL dont have under-19 league :finger01: I'm 110% sure they do have one

SFL dont have under-19 league :blink: I'm 110% sure they do have one

It looks like they may (and an under 17's league). However, does the point still stand? Are we going to have to divert money from other areas in order to keep a healthy, completitive first team squad.

SFL dont have under-19 league :blink: I'm 110% sure they do have one

It looks like they may (and an under 17's league). However, does the point still stand? Are we going to have to divert money from other areas in order to keep a healthy, completitive first team squad.

The board have already said they have made a plan case the club went to the first division which it has now. We'll be fine money wise :huh: