FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Six Aside Football@the Astro On Tuesdays

6's are an absolute killer especially if there are no subs.

Only if you are unfit and have a rubbish team that pump the ball down the pitch for you to chase all the time. I love it when I play 5s, 6s or 7s and come up against a team that launch "Hollywood" balls up to their forwards. It's easy to defend against and if your team is good at getting the ball down, playing it to feet or into space not too far away you will tear them to shreds.

Aye it can be quite hard.

We won 4-2 against, they are a division above us and we haven't been in great form but I scored two in the 1st 5minutes and we never had any subs. Good evening all round :D .

Who were you asked to play for Jay?

Only if you are unfit and have a rubbish team that pump the ball down the pitch for you to chase all the time. I love it when I play 5s, 6s or 7s and come up against a team that launch "Hollywood" balls up to their forwards. It's easy to defend against and if your team is good at getting the ball down, playing it to feet or into space not too far away you will tear them to shreds.

Aye it's all right for you fit types. I'm trying to get into shape for the P&B 5's.

Aye it can be quite hard.

We won 4-2 against, they are a division above us and we haven't been in great form but I scored two in the 1st 5minutes and we never had any subs. Good evening all round :D .

Who were you asked to play for Jay?

Not sure what the team name was but we played against someone called Borrusia <something or other> Flapjack in Division 1.

Borussia Munchinflapjack, they are in my teams division, we beat them 1-0 when we played them.

They humped us on Tuesday night. I'll try to get the team name for you.

Never! We played 25 minutes a half for 5s and 6s. Quite surprised at only playing for 30 minutes. You barely get a chance to get going.

Probably why it's such a killer, not enough time really for the muscles to start working aerobically and take away some of that lactic acid.

No way , only 25 minutes a half ! We play 3 hours each half .

Wow... Just wow... :lol:

No way , only 25 minutes a half ! We play 3 hours each half .

OMGLOLZ!!11!!11!

I wish I was as funny as you. No. Wait. I don't.

Probably why it's such a killer, not enough time really for the muscles to start working aerobically and take away some of that lactic acid.

I love playing 5s / 6s. It's so intensive. You really have to work hard throughout the game, trying to move into space and play quick balls with your team. There is so much more movement involved than playing 11 a side and teams built up of players who have played with each other before and have a good bit of stamina and a solid workrate will hammer teams who might be better in terms of skills but aren't so fit.

Edited by RiG

I love playing 5s / 6s. It's so intensive. You really have to work hard throughout the game, trying to move into space and play quick balls with your team. There is so much more movement involved than playing 11 a side and teams built up of players who have played with each other before and have a good bit of stamina and a solid workrate will hammer teams who might be better in terms of skills but aren't so fit.

It's my fitness that really lets me down at the moment, but it's on its way back.

Out of interest - what are you doing about it?

I've always been pretty sporty so I've generally had a good level of fitness (at the expense of strength and a social life). Most of the exercise I do now is weights with some cardio as well. I assume you would be doing largely cardio work?

Out of interest - what are you doing about it?

I've always been pretty sporty so I've generally had a good level of fitness (at the expense of strength and a social life). Most of the exercise I do now is weights with some cardio as well. I assume you would be doing largely cardio work?

At the moment I'm going out around 3 times a week just on the roads on my bike. With the bike I'm getting tomorrow I'll be going up onto Forestry tracks and stuff.

Also playing golf... No in all seriousness, playing golf on a hilly course like Fairways improves fitness.

I'd look to incorporate some running into your fitness routine as well. Nothing extravagent. Pick up one of these runners guides from Tesco or WH Smith and see what information they have on starting up a routine. get some good shoes as well!

I'd look to incorporate some running into your fitness routine as well. Nothing extravagent. Pick up one of these runners guides from Tesco or WH Smith and see what information they have on starting up a routine. get some good shoes as well!

I guess so. I hate running though. Weird as that sounds, I just can't figure out why people would want to run for enjoyment.