The jinx is over

Yngwie

Last night I witnessed ICT actually win a game, for the first time in 22 months!

In that time I've seen a few draws, lots of defeats, and more than my fair share of hammerings and shambolic, gutless performances. The 4-0 at Falkirk was a particular low point, and very typical of my choice of games to attend - we'd won the week before, and won the week after. I'm not superstitious, but it got to the stage at the end of last season when I started to believe that my presence was somehow causing bad results.

After the split, I picked up the car keys to head off to Paisley but then thought "No, they'll do better without me". We won, of course.

Unfortunately, I felt obliged to attend the crunch match on the last day of the season. It's all my fault.

The abysmal run of matches started after a fantastic week or so in December 2007. I became a dad, watched us come back to beat Celtic 3-2, and then last tasted victory in that injury time 3-2 win at Tynecastle. Life couldn't get any better. But perhaps I then got my 22 month punishment for abandoning Mrs Y and the wee Yngwette.

Anyway, that bad run is over, the tide has turned, our fortunes have changed, and things are very much looking up. You heard it here first.

Same with me, was working every Saturday bar a couple, so could only make a couple of choices on what games to have off.

Chose the first Hearts away.. 1-0 defeat. Hamilton away, 1-0 defeat (Shoes off!) F**kirk away 4-0 defeat. Hamilton at home think we drew 1-1? And Falkirk at home 1-0 defeat.

First game we've won in ages that I've seen was the County cup one :)

Last night I witnessed ICT actually win a game, for the first time in 22 months!

In that time I've seen a few draws, lots of defeats, and more than my fair share of hammerings and shambolic, gutless performances. The 4-0 at Falkirk was a particular low point, and very typical of my choice of games to attend - we'd won the week before, and won the week after. I'm not superstitious, but it got to the stage at the end of last season when I started to believe that my presence was somehow causing bad results.

After the split, I picked up the car keys to head off to Paisley but then thought "No, they'll do better without me". We won, of course.

Unfortunately, I felt obliged to attend the crunch match on the last day of the season. It's all my fault.

Yngwie. You have got to be there on Saturday for several reasons, all vital to the future of ICT:

1. If your luck has turned, all will benefit and we shall beat the fifers.
  2. If your luck has not turned, we have at last identified the jonas and we can throw you, the general manager, the board, team and ballboys off the bridge. Closely followed by several hundred sweetie rustling greeters.
  3. I think you'd better pray for the right result.

:)

The abysmal run of matches started after a fantastic week or so in December 2007. I became a dad, watched us come back to beat Celtic 3-2, and then last tasted victory in that injury time 3-2 win at Tynecastle. Life couldn't get any better. But perhaps I then got my 22 month punishment for abandoning Mrs Y and the wee Yngwette.

Anyway, that bad run is over, the tide has turned, our fortunes have changed, and things are very much looking up. You heard it here first.

Im quite the opposite....first game i saw them lose was the first time i wore my black away top to a match - kilmarnock second last game of last season.

In 2009 ive seen them win at Ibrox, then beat Killie 2-1 at home, then beat St Mirren 2-1, then Draw with Hamilton 1-1. Then beat St Mirren at Paisley 2-1, then that dreaded day at Rugby Park. Then got beat off Falkirk then relegation.

Really hate seeing them get beat, because you cant beat that feeling of when they win!!