FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rod Stewart

DJS

:015: :015: :( :(

Brilliant story....

I never get tired of hearing that one....

It's the way you tell 'em.

True story at the risk of being boring!!

I was in the RN in Mombasa Kenya in the mid 70's , some of the lads had been to a beach , near a luxury hotel and came back to tell us they had met Rod Stewart with a stunning girl on the beach and told him they were playing football against the officers and Senior rates the next day at 12 ,00 and would he like a game???

They told him the pitch was near the seamans mission and he couldn't miss us as a big gray ship was berthed nearby. Well we all turned up and lo and behold a taxi screamed up just before kick off and out popped Rod kitted up ready to play. We had a great time and I remember he was a handy player and scored a couple of goals. When the game ended he opened the boot of the taxi and brought out three crates of Tusker beer and said these are on me. I remember him as a nice guy, not big headed but he did like his football, he even asked when is the next game

Well at last it's official. You can buy your tickets from 9am TODAY.

TCS Saturday 17th July 2010. Tickets from ?55 available from ticketmaster.co.uk or by phone on 08444 99 99 90.

Should be a fantastic day, so don't miss out. Great Christmas present