FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporting England?!?

I'm sure they would have swapped silky football to have won the World Cup, something those teams have never done.

Not a chance. There has been sides of course though that have played good attacking football, Carlos Bilardo's Argentina being one of them.

Exactly, football is a game, a contest, a competition, the aim of football is to score more goals than the opposition there are no judges on the sidelines with boards to mark the flair and technical ability of players there is a referee in the middle of the pitch who keeps a tally of goals scored. There is far more satisfaction to be gained from watching your team win, you never see the runners up celebrating silky passing or fancy footwork. You will however see a poorly skilled team and fans go ballistic from winning a scrappy match. Football is a team sport where teamwork is rewarded and individual flair can be the breaking of a team, if you do not like that fact (as I have told you before) then perhaps rhythmic gymnastics or figure skating might be more suited to your needs.

If it's scores that you're interested in, then maybe it's the NFL or Dominos that you should take more of an interest in. The name of the game is football, not scoreball. As fan of a team, when I go to a game, I do not ask for a win. I'd like one, but it is not the be all and end all for me. All I ask is to see an entertaining game. It's called the beautiful game for a reason and there is no distinction between style and substance because in football, style is substance. It was Johan Cryuff who said that there was no greater compliment that being revered for your style, and that is why manager who played a fantastic style of football, like Pep Guardiola, Gusztav Sebes and most of all Rinus Michels (said to be the greatest manager of all time) will go down in history, while others fade into the mists of time.

Ok Renegade I see where you're going BUT If you go through the record books for ANY sport, it will always tell you who won not who played well. "They won but we played nice football" doesn't really cut it with people.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Renegade I see where you're going BUT If you go through the record books for ANY sport, it will always tell you who won not who played well. "They won but we played nice football" doesn't really cut it with people.

Agreed, of course teams should try and win, but within reason, (obviously needing a win to stay up should try to do so by any means) teams should also try to play football as well.

I take it your a football fan and not an ICT fan then Renegade ?

Both. I'm a ICT supporter, I like to see the club win and do well. I pay money to go to games, I jump around when the goals go in. I don't need to answer about how good a supporter I am to anybody.

Both. I'm a ICT supporter, I like to see the club win and do well. I pay money to go to games, I jump around when the goals go in. I don't need to answer about how good a supporter I am to anybody.

Did you wait until all the players had gone of the pitch last saturday?