FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Match Worn Tops?

GMD11UK

In light of Bayer Leverkusen's recent idea of auctioning off the shirts their own players managed to acquire during their match against Barcelona, should the club maybe think about doing something similar to put towards a charity or the supporters trust (or even just back into the club)?

Either our own game worn tops signed etc. or ones the players collect from opposing teams and fire them on ebay with the proceeds (excluding admin costs) going towards either the players choice of charity or something similar. I'm sure it'd raise cash even if it's small amounts and give the ICT fans some memorabilia for their generosity.

That's unless we re-use all the tops worn for the entire season. but opposing teams we could maybe flog for charity, i'm sure certain teams loyal followings would lap up the opportunity for something like this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/overexcited-leverkusen-players-forced-auction-off-leo-messi-201904133.html;_ylt=Ap3C83bZBUtHuNcCjwkPfuypb8p_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkY2hlbTZoBG1pdANCbG9ncyBJbmRleARwb3MDOTEEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ0luZGV4VGVtcA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFvcGs0cnBnBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

I dont think it happens now, but "match worn" tops used to get given to Player Sponsors at the end of the season .... I eventually (in 2002) got two Celtic -V- ICT ones from the Feb 8th 2000 game after they buggered up the order for my shirt at the end of the 1999/2000 season (they gave it to someone else by mistake).

The quirky thing about those tops however, and what probably makes them worth more (although they will always be priceless to me, and never sold), is that they were also worn against Hearts in the 1-3 victory at Tynecastle and just had a 'SHARP' sponsor name ironed on over the top of the Scotrail one. We wore those shirts at the last minute as our own top was deemed to clash with the Hearts tops on TV .....

yea it'd be good if ICT did more to show off their charity work, it'd be an interesting read in the matchday programme AND on the website etc. as not everyone makes it to every match/buys a programme.

The lads recently did beards for bairns to raise money for the Archie Foundation highland Appeal, some of the players also do things out side this as i personally know Ryan Esson recently took time out to visit my son in hospital and this really helped as Ryan was allowed to take Marc to theatre, this was amazing as it it the first time Marc has gone to theatre and not cried!

Marc also was given a gift from Ryan and the first thing he asked for was Dad and his present these little gestures mean so much to some people.

As Julie say's ICT players do many good things around the community. As for the tops I believe players like to keep some. They give some away for good causes and some go to sponsors at end of season. We are not a club that can afford to keep supplying players with new tops all the time and many do get destroyed in the course of action.

Well done to Ryan Esson !!!

Some players/celebrities love the limelight when they do "little things" that mean a lot to other people ... they never seem to stop talking about it (especially 'reality' nobodies) !!!! It is nice to hear of an instance where a player just goes about things as normal, or goes an extra mile and does things like this just because he can, or because he wants to, or for the effect it will have on the other person, rather than how many column inches he might get in a paper !!!

I know a few other ICT players who have been similar in the past and I doff my cap to all of them !!!

• Agree 1

Well done to Ryan Esson !!!

Some players/celebrities love the limelight when they do "little things" that mean a lot to other people ... they never seem to stop talking about it (especially 'reality' nobodies) !!!! It is nice to hear of an instance where a player just goes about things as normal, or goes an extra mile and does things like this just because he can, or because he wants to, or for the effect it will have on the other person, rather than how many column inches he might get in a paper !!!

I know a few other ICT players who have been similar in the past and I doff my cap to all of them !!!

Yip Scotty Ryan really made Marc's day and it meant to so much to us and Marc made going to theatre so much easier, some people think this is nothing, but in our eyes it meant the world for someone to take time out of their own busy lives to make a child's day.

I take my hat of to them ! Amazing bunch of lads true Community Team spirit !!!!