FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee Uni

Guest Arab4Ever

Guest Arab4Ever

granted, the media dont seem to give us much credit but i completely disagree that the public dislike ICT.

im at university in dundee and the vast majority of my friends and people i meet are supportive of our team and always interested in whats going on up north!   

in fact the last and only time i remember hearing any negative comments from anybody down here was during the brewster saga and they merely ammounted to the fact that utd had more money than us and were going to buy all our players...

there is clearly a central belt media bias but i think an equal highland region fans paranoia is rife up in the motherand!

is that the university of dundee? if so, whats it like? just replied with a firm acceptance...

Guest kingkojak

granted, the media dont seem to give us much credit but i completely disagree that the public dislike ICT.

im at university in dundee and the vast majority of my friends and people i meet are supportive of our team and always interested in whats going on up north!   

in fact the last and only time i remember hearing any negative comments from anybody down here was during the brewster saga and they merely ammounted to the fact that utd had more money than us and were going to buy all our players...

there is clearly a central belt media bias but i think an equal highland region fans paranoia is rife up in the motherand!

is that the university of dundee? if so, whats it like? just replied with a firm acceptance...

its a really good uni.... (apart from the fact its in dundee).  lots of money being spent around here these days - shiney new buildings are popping up all over campus.  nightlife is good.  union is still good craic i think but its been a long time since ive been - getting old!   

majority of students live around campus and up the perth road which makes for lots of interesting times!  :004:

tbh dundee gets a raw deal and its never going to match edinburgh or glasgow but its a great place to study in.  thoroughly reccommend it mate!  :003:

"up the perth road which makes for lots of interesting times!" .....Spent most of my formative drinking years in Mennies,also had my eyes opened at the art college in the 70's when Punk was just taking a hold  :010:....Punk Students, a sight to behold!!!! 

Guest kingkojak

sadly the art college union shut a couple years before my time. nights out there have have become folklore though. 

mennies is still great for a pint  -also has a superb whisky collection!  used to have the thickest fog in scotland before the smoking ban - some would argue that its lost some appeal since but i like it! 

Depends what subject your doing.  If it is anything to do with life sciences, you're in for a long four years.  I was doing Physiology with Sports Biomedicine, and the quantity of irrelevent guff they teach is rediculous.  Night life is good though!  :021:

Geography is pretty good. I do a couple of environmental science classes (as part of a life science course :022:) which are part of that faculty.

A lot of residences are being done up, but the ones on the campus itself are all posh and modern I believe. Either that or the halls at West Park, but they're quite a walk from campus.

Mee - Rob Duck is still here teaching geology. Think he's a professor though.

I adored Dr Duck, he was still at St Andrews for my first couple of years there and I was devastated when he left. A Prof now eh? Bet he still takes a good bucket with the students on field trips  :015:

Best halls by a country mile is Belmont Tower - or at least they were when I lived there.  Not been in any of the new halls around them though so they might be worth a sniff.  West park is miles away from civilization  Seabraes, from what I've seen is nice, but if you can part with that sort of cash, you'll be better in Belmont Tower.  Peterson Halls, if they are still on the go is a no no, as are Tay Mills, and Wimberley Halls.  The only other thing thats worth advising is listen carefully to what the older students have to say about The Union, as they are invariably correct.

Depends what subject your doing.  If it is anything to do with life sciences, you're in for a long four years.  I was doing Physiology with Sports Biomedicine, and the quantity of irrelevent guff they teach is rediculous.  Night life is good though!  :021:

Im doing Geography, is that classed as a life science? Hey university isnt about the course anyway  :022:

No offence intended to anyone living in Aberdeen but its so grey and depressing that I dont think I take 4 years there. Plus I cant walk to watch my team on a saturday :003:

Any advice on the halls of residence at Dundee, wheres good and wheres bad?

No it's not, you'll be happy to hear I'm sure  :003:

environmental science, life science,geosciences,Physiology with Sports Biomedicine,statistics.........FFS,eh can mind when it wiz either Medicine,coontin or pentin, nane oh that fancy stuff!! anyways ,fair lookin forward to  a pint in Mennies next week when ehm doon for the weekend  :drinking02: :drinking02: :drinking02:

Guest kingkojak

had lots of great times in belmont!  its all changed now but the kids still seem to like it..

jay7 is spot on with his analysis of the residenences..  belmont or the new one next to it (cant remember what its called - used to be a warehouse there used for sculpture/illegal art student raves  :021:)  are your best options...   

best be quick though cos they are always the first to go

oh, and that fruiter with the grey beard and the long skirts is still prancing about!

Geography would be a social science wouldn't it?

Indeed it is.

I've done a bit of research into the Halls around Belmont Tower and they are pretty much to the same standard as the tower itself.  You should definately be aiming for them, Belmont Tower or Balfour Flats (connected to the Tower on stilts  :017:)

Dundee is rubbish compared to Aberdeen but at least it will not be anywhere near as grey.

You should go to RGU. They give you the answers in your exams.

Should you not be counting squirrels or something similar?  :010: