FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark Brown over looked AGAIN

" Scotland coach Walter Smith has made four changes to the squad which will travel to Japan next week for the Kirin Cup tournament.

Manchester United Darren Fletcher has recovered quickly from a knee injury and makes a welcome return to the squad, while there are also places for Livingston defender David McNamee, Dundee United striker Lee Miller and young Everton goalkeeper Iain Turner.

Out of the squad are three Celtic players, Shaun Maloney, Stephen McManus and David Marshall, who have been withdrawn because of club commitments, while Wolves striker Kenny Miller has a hamstring injury. "

Im sure Iain Turner is a good enough keeper, but it amazes me that Walter Smith doesnt select Mark Brown

We have the second best away record in the SPL. One of the best defensive records this season. This is largely down to the form of Mark Brown who has been in excellent form again, as in previous seasons.

Smith has not played top flight that long. Marshall is still living on his European run and Turner was not that impressive in the future game a few weeks ago. So how then Walter Smith can you justify in leaving Brown out of the squad completely?

It only shows complete contempt toward ICT. It seems despite what we have done we are still regarded as plucky, lucky, no hopers.

I would never turn my back on the national side, but Smith a huge GIRUY

brown not being selected doesnt suprise me one little bit, smith doesnt rate him, that is pretty clear , what bugs me is the fact that dargo is being overlooked for miller , who has been absolutely SHYTE all season

dargo has scored 20 goals this season , how many has miller got? wheres stato ?? :lol:

Note: I'm pretty sure that Iain Turner was called up because he is elligable for Under 21s too, as Marshall was included in that squad as well as the full squad. So due to Mark's age, i think he was overlooked.

Still... How Graeme Smith gets a call up above Brown i don't know!!

I suspect Walter Smith still sees us as just a Highland League team. As others have said, for Brown not to get a shout bearing in mind our defensive record and number of clean sheets, is disgusting, and Miller before Dargo is just a joke. But what can we do?

Guest Reefinweed

So what!! It's a meaningless end of season 2 bob tournament!!!

Better for us if our playerd can get away for a nice break,this means they will be fresh and hungry at the start of the season and desperate to prove Watty The Hun wrong!!!