Old Firm 5% levy

martinskye

we accepted the levy. Several questions were asked about this for next month's Boardroom Banter but I know that one of the major reasons behind it was the fact that if we sold them we would be responsible for the behaviour of their fans.

we accepted the levy. Several questions were asked about this for next month's Boardroom Banter but I know that one of the major reasons behind it was the fact that if we sold them we would be responsible for the behaviour of their fans.

Smart move on the club's behalf. Especially with sectarian bile circulating.

Are ICT honestly that spineless? No one is responsible for the actions of Celtic fans other than, well, erm, the Celtic fans. Quite how ICT could be cited as being responsible for them is beyond. Even more beyond me is how the Old Filth used this card to bargain for the 5% levy.

In the eyes of the SPL, the team that sells tickets to a group of fans can be held responsible for any bad behaviour from those fans when it comes to sanctions, fines or anything else. Until that changes, most clubs will accept the levy as its not worth the potential hassle to do anything else.

In the eyes of the SPL, the team that sells tickets to a group of fans can be held responsible for any bad behaviour from those fans when it comes to dishing out sanctions, fines or anything else. Until that changes, most clubs will accept the levy as its not worth the potential hassle to do anything else.