FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

connecting ipod to internet

DALNEIGHCALEY

Who is your ISP? I know that with Sky you are provided with an X digit number that you key in when connecting laptops, iPods to our router so I guess it would be something similar with you. You'll need to have some kind of password to input when trying to connect to the web.

Odd. I watched my pal connect his iPhone to our wireless network and he pressed one button for Safari, scanned for networks, was provided with about 4 to choose from that were all protected, choose ours, keyed in the pass number and he was off.

What shows up on your screen when you try to connect to your network?

It says Unable to join the network "BThomeHub-****"

I got one of these 6 months ago and it's been a revelation. Huge capacity and the internet connection in Starbucks et al is outstanding! Saturday afternoon reading CTO on it while watching Sky games in the pub is pretty good for me in Cyprus.

I'm now going to ask a couple of questions that might sound daft but might help.

1. Have you ever had it connected to a wireless hub, in Dalneigh Costa Coffee :rotflmao: for example.

2. I don't have wireless in the house but I'm looking now and can see it's reading a BT wireless hub nearby. My neighbour's probably. Could this be the problem with yours. (You'll now tell me you're in a cottage 10 miles from the nearest neighbour.) Are you sure you've selected your own wireless hub?

Good luck.

I be inclined to say the same as Jamie. Despite being unreliable a lot of the time Apple stuff is generally a piece of cake to work. Could your router be preventing connections from iPods and other laptops for some reason? Can you link anything else into the network easily like another laptop?

Have you got anything setup on your router in addition to the wireless key that would prevent it connecting ?

I have my router setup to use mac address filtering for any machines we have in the house so when I got my iPhone, I had to disable that briefly so it could see and recognise the phone. After I added it to the list and re-enabled the filter my iPhone has connected to it without any hassles.

1. Make sure your using the Wireless Key and not the BT Fusion Key.

2. Check if you have MAC Address filtering turned on (on the router), either turn it off or go in and add the I-Pod touch MAC address to the filter.

3. Is DHCP on or off (on the router)? - if off try turning on.....easier that than trying to assign a static IP address for the I-Pod Touch.