FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What Do You Think?

Kylef

It is very difficult to accurately say what %age of a town or city are fans of the local team. Indeed many residing in Inverness are County fans. What I have tried to do though is look only at the hard core fans who attend their team week in week out. Yes Aberdeen had an attendance average of 13000+ but take away the away fans and you'll find the home support is about 11000. In Dundee its 8000 for Arabs and 3000 for Dees. Hibs have a hard core of about 11000 whereas Hearts is about 16000.

As Scotty says the area of Inverness has a greater population than the city and many fans travel from outlying areas. As is the case with Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh. At the same time that travelling support is also ofset by the numbers who travel from all those cities and towns to watch other teams, mainly OF.

If I were to design the questions for the next government census I'd include the question 'Which team do you support'?

Mahonio, I was referring to the areas where Inverness, the city, can be expanded. The city cant expand north because that would take them into Ross-shire.