FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adebayor

Council Juice

I hope City get gubbed I hate the idea that money buys you success.. they're exciting to watch but I hope Man U put them in their place for the moment. Without Adebyor upfront they don't have much chance of winning anyway IMO

What I would say about the City v Arsenal game is that it's hard to feel sorry for any Arsenal player when everyday there seems to be another one coming out with stories about how they were beaten up during the match by big bad Adebyor

Edited by Harry Chibber

I hope City get gubbed I hate the idea that money buys you success..

lol....you have to accept I'm very biased but how do you think Utd, L'pool, Arsenal, Chelsea or for that matter the Old Firm got success? There isn't a club who have won anything who haven't bought a player to make them better. wasn't it hoped Marius would do this?

If Caley came about a ?10m windfall should they stick it in the bank and not spend it to help secure promotion?

Being a loyal fan of an unsuccessful team is laudable.......but we all like a day in the sun. After nearly 40 years of spending money following a team with little to show for it I'd love a few shiny trophies..at City AND at Caley.

In recent years there have been too few 'surprise winners' of trophies. The Old Firm have it sown up here and apart from Pompey winning the FA Cup it's been fairly predictable down south

I hope City get gubbed I hate the idea that money buys you success..

lol....you have to accept I'm very biased but how do you think Utd, L'pool, Arsenal, Chelsea or for that matter the Old Firm got success? There isn't a club who have won anything who haven't bought a player to make them better. wasn't it hoped Marius would do this?

If Caley came about a ?10m windfall should they stick it in the bank and not spend it to help secure promotion?

Being a loyal fan of an unsuccessful team is laudable.......but we all like a day in the sun. After nearly 40 years of spending money following a team with little to show for it I'd love a few shiny trophies..at City AND at Caley.

In recent years there have been too few 'surprise winners' of trophies. The Old Firm have it sown up here and apart from Pompey winning the FA Cup it's been fairly predictable down south

What about Brian's Clough's Nottingham?

well...it was 30 years ago, times have changed..but when Forest won the European cup the winner was scored by Trevor Francis....at the time the world's first ?1m (less ?1 so the fee wouldn't bother him) player. Clough also paid ?250k for Peter Shilton...which was a hell of a lot for a keeper.

Clough was a hell of a manager, I'd have loved to see him go up against Morinho....but his time at Forest ultimately ended in relegation

I wish City all the best but they have reached where they are without the majority of the big signings which I think says volumes. Barry is a great signing, the wee Dutchman and Ireland are as good a combatative midfield as you can get - it may get interesting when they are all fit and ready fer selection - then that is when money may talk and City may drop.

Ah but think here city have spent loads on extra strikers such as bellamy and santa cruz so they will have somebody to replace Adebayor upfront and also if Carlos Tevez starts scorig that can't hurt there chances ether.