FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adebayor

Council Juice

I thought the challenge on his former team mate was attrocious. Nearly blinded him. And in no way was it an accident. You see him moving to position himself then making the stamping motion. His eyes are focused at his target and his teeth gritted. No doubt he knew what he was doing.

That in itself merits a 3 game ban for violent conduct.

Then he runs the whole length of the pitch to celebrate in front of his old fans. Sure they might have been chanting songs about him. Some not very nice. But is he that thick to know that a blatant form of disrespect. A challenge (open arms) to the fans is not going to reult in a little annoyance. He had absolutely no regard for the safety of fans or the Stewards trying to control them. Had that been an old firm game he'd probably be charged with inciting a riot. Thats what he did. A Steward was clean knocked out and hospitalised. It could have been worse.

And the most they're considering is a 6 match ban. I'd see 6 months as more fitting. Throw the book at him. Pro football players only think about themselves and never their actions. These guys are meant to be role models?

I dont see how Cantona's was any worse. He at least targeted a solitary racist tit.

Adebayor is a horrible person and you could always tell that. It was just a matter of time before something like this happened with him.

He should be banned for at least 6 games. Eduardo got two for diving, ok that led to a goal but what Adebayor did could have affected RVP life if he had got his eye. Also a steward was treated for a head injury after something was thrown by an Arsenal fan aimed at Adebayor.

I'm not saying excuse the Arsenal fans. I've never been to a game and been that incensed I need to violently attack someone. Never mind throw a seat.

But once people get into a crowd mentality. Possibly with a few drinks prior. And a direct challenge or provocation is thrown in your face it can be very difficult to control a groups emotive response.

He is a professional footballer for a big club and he has to realise that he is supposed to be a role model and he can't go behaving like that. He just shouldn't be running the length of the pitch to the opposing fans. As it has been said, if it was an Old Firm match he there would have been a riot. And then his stamp on van Persie. He knew exactly what he was doing and he should be absolutely hammered. If it was me, I'd give him a months ban for the stamp alone and then another 2 months for inciting the Arsenal fans. Idiot.

As far as the stamping incident goes....well....playing devils advocate here...he just escaped a potential leg breaking, illegal, two footed tackle from Van Persie (which VP convieniently omitted to mention in his statement). human nature would be to lash out methinks.

As far as the running to the Arsenal fans go...i would go easy on him for the following reason....he is in my dreamteam! :rolleyes:

Edited by SMEE

Every challenge could be considered a potential leg breaker in that case then. Not every player reacts with trying to stamp on his assailents head. The ref is the one employed to deal with what are considered dangerous or crude challenges.

As far as the stamping incident goes....well....playing devils advocate here...he just escaped a potential leg breaking, illegal, two footed tackle from Van Persie (which VP convieniently omitted to mention in his statement). human nature would be to lash out methinks.

As far as the running to the Arsenal fans go...i would go easy on him for the following reason....he is in my dreamteam! :rolleyes:

I agree. RVP tried to swipe his legs and Adebayor was just giving him some back. Still, RVP merited a yellow and Adebuyor a red.

Running the length of the pitch to wind the Arsenal fans up must have felt good. It's also given us another rivalry to get excited about. Arsenal should be charged with the cave man reactions of the Gooners and Emanuel should be charged for his part. As should Man City for failing to control him. Thats why you need a good captain in the pitch. Someone like Dave Mckay would have rugby tackled him at the halfway line to stop it all. You could see it coming a mile off.

Adebayor is a great footballer, shame some of the stupid things he does, takes that away from what he can produce. i'm sure the interview motd had with him, he said he was " trying to kick the ball, but couldn't move his foot out of the way", what a load of rubbish, that was purely on purpose. what an idiot.

Can you imagine Zadi, playing for his new team Morton, at Inverness, scoring the winning goal in the South goals?

I feel he could hold his fingers to his lips to the away fan(s) as a sign of respect - or - he could run past the front of the stand, at top speed, to the boo boys in the North stand and do an Adebayor and I feel many home fans would think...... good on you Zadi.

How much verbal abuse has Adebayor taken from his old fans?

In the cold light of day we can all agree that his actions were wrong but everyone has a breaking point and the reaction by fans is always the same - we can verbally abuse you but if you react we want you banned

Watching the skills of Adebayor skipping past defenders was a joy to behold but his disgraceful studding of Van persce plus the obviuosly pre meditated provaocation of Arsenal fans was disgraceful,had it been at their end i would have said fair enough but sprinting the entire length of the pitch!!!! Hughes body language at the time indicated he was dismayed at the player but post match protectionism of players and the hypocrisy that entails, coupled with the ego's and self importance of these people make me spew.I would expect the authorities to take a strong line and send a message to perpotrators as to what is and isn't acceptable in the "passion and heat of the moment" but in light of Eufa's bottled decision regarding Eduardo i doubt much will be done other than a cursory slap on the wrist

Eduardo let of

Lets be honest - if Andy Barrowman scores the clincher against County in the Alba Cup tie at the North end of the ground then ran 90 yards to slide in front of teh County fans and get it right up them, who on here will be complaining? I'd be absolutely loving it.

This whole situation sheds light on why Arsenal haven't won anything for years. Arsene Wenger has a great eye for individual talent, but not for team players. Adebayor, like lots of Arsenal 'stars', is a repulsive human being with the mentality of a spoiled child. He wouldn't last 5 minutes at Man Utd without Fergie giving him a black eye.

I thought the goal celebration was fantastic. Fans were happy to call his mother a whore and remark that his dad washes elephants (slightly racist) and yet when he celebrated scoring they couldn't take it. They need to grow up. Van Persie scored and ran off the pitch to the City fans screaming 'F@ck off you b@satards' at them...they managed not to try to invade the pitch

As for the kick on Van Persie....well if he'd slid in on my ankles like that I'd have reacted too, I wouldn't have clipped him in the face, but he wouldn't have had to face any more rape allegations either.......3 match ban is fair enough.

It was a great game ruined by trial by media

I thought the goal celebration was fantastic. Fans were happy to call his mother a whore and remark that his dad washes elephants (slightly racist) and yet when he celebrated scoring they couldn't take it. They need to grow up. Van Persie scored and ran off the pitch to the City fans screaming 'F@ck off you b@satards' at them...they managed not to try to invade the pitch

As for the kick on Van Persie....well if he'd slid in on my ankles like that I'd have reacted too, I wouldn't have clipped him in the face, but he wouldn't have had to face any more rape allegations either.......3 match ban is fair enough.

It was a great game ruined by trial by media

Which was probably sung by ur lot in seasons gone past as well <_<

nope I must say in years and years of going to City I didn't hear them singing racist stuff.....our old ground (Maine Road) was in Moss Side.....many of the fans were what you'd now refer to as Afro-Caribbean, as were many kids at the academy.

Utd attracted the Catholic fans from Manchester and Ireland, before they started being followed by all the glory-hunters from the South. City meanwhile had fans who were from Moss Side and also the Jewish population of the area.

We were also too busy booing our own team's shiteness! The worst thing I ever heard them singing was a corner who were adament they wouldn't surrender to the IRA...but I suppose Manchester had just been bombed

....having said the above, I must confess to frequently comparing Gary Neville to various body parts over the years <_<

Watch the derby ths Sunday, see the city fans taunting the Utd ones by waving a banner with 'Mancunian Section' on it. Also reminding Rooney that he once said 'once a blue always a blue' about his team Everton. Also remember that at the derby 2 years ago the media were ready to pounce cos they were sure the City fans would disrupt the minutes silence for the Munich tragedy......there was not a word heard from us away fans and even Ferguson applauded us.

Im hoping for a city win, always preferred you's over united. But i do have a major disliking for Adebayor :lol:

dont think your alone there! :)

after his antics i think almost every opposing set of fans will be hounding him from now on hoping for a reaction