FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Travel problems Carrbridge

Gringo

Well as an ex-warehouseman(although that could change shortly) for Tesco Inshes, the lorries are very quick. Livingston to Inverness in 4 & 1/4 hours. Anyway that containers wont be empty as they will be full of RSU and empty cages heading for Christian Salvesen in Livingston(or Grangemouth) so there will probably be alot of Cardboard and Polythene srewn about the place! :D . All these Stobart freight trains bring up is Dry Goods and Non-food so your milk will still come up via Robert Wiseman and the bread is still done by Allied & British Bakeries(two companies). See i still know the job! :P

I didn't know Tesco moved stuff by rail til this thread. Learn something everyday eh

Well as an ex-warehouseman(although that could change shortly) for Tesco Inshes, the lorries are very quick. Livingston to Inverness in 4 & 1/4 hours. Anyway that containers wont be empty as they will be full of RSU and empty cages heading for Christian Salvesen in Livingston(or Grangemouth) so there will probably be alot of Cardboard and Polythene srewn about the place! :P . All these Stobart freight trains bring up is Dry Goods and Non-food so your milk will still come up via Robert Wiseman and the bread is still done by Allied & British Bakeries(two companies). See i still know the job! :P

I didn't know Tesco moved stuff by rail til this thread. Learn something everyday eh

Thats what happens when there's people in the know. Just like i knew 4 years ago that Inshes was to become a Tesco Extra by March and that they were building into the "What Everyone Wants" part of the building. Although there is still specualtion that they could takeover Focus' remaining part in the building and my god is that store going to be huge! :D

Thats what happens when there's people in the know. Just like i knew 4 years ago that Inshes was to become a Tesco Extra by March and that they were building into the "What Everyone Wants" part of the building. Although there is still specualtion that they could takeover Focus' remaining part in the building and my god is that store going to be huge! :D

I would think a new build on an adjacent(ish) site would be preferable rather than refurbishing an ageing (30+years?) leaking shell. Then any new distributor road could be accomodated. That would make too much sense though.

This is however, like the freight train in question "off track".

STV report

More Photos

Edited by PullMyFinger

From my inside information:-

Services began operating again on the Inverness-Perth route this morning after a week of extraordinary effort to remove a derailed freight train in Carrbridge.

Staff from Network Rail and DB Schenker worked around the clock in temperatures as low as -21?C to remove the train. Even accessing the site was a challenge with over 12in of lying snow in the area.

Two rail cranes were eventually able to access the site along with two road cranes - Arctic conditions led to hydraulic fluid freezing and delaying the removal of the train. Minor damage to tracks also had to be fixed despite the track being covered by a layer of snow and ice.

All six containers and wagons were removed over the weekend of 9/10 January, with track work and snow clearance completed on Monday. A limited passenger service will operate for the rest of this week until signalling equipment damaged during the derailment can be repaired this weekend.

Services between Aberdeen and Inverness were also restored this morning, with a full service operating.

David Simpson, route director Scotland said: ?The weather over last month has presented an enormous and relentless challenge to our people across the rail network but the Highlands has seen more snow and lower temperatures than anywhere else in the country and I am full of admiration for the job our people have done across the region.

?The derailment has been the biggest challenge we have faced over this period and I'm delighted to see the line opening again today despite the horrendous conditions. Although this winter may still have more to throw at us, I think our resilience has been demonstrated throughout the last month and I'm proud to say that we've still managed to run 85% of scheduled services across Scotland.?

post-8-1263387544.jpg