FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kenny Gillet

caley1980

Barnet were very lucky not to be relegared to Non League status last season . If you think thats the level we're at then fair play to you but personally I think although we're favourites for relegation this time round we're a bit better than Englands Non League , just my opinion of course . what has attendances got to with it ?

Who would you say Barnet were on par with then? I think attendances do have a part in how good a team can become. More supporters going to matches gives the team more funds to compete for signings. If Barnet are pulling in as many fans as us surely that suggests they are able to pull in players of a certain calibre that we are after.

Barnet were very lucky not to be relegared to Non League status last season . If you think thats the level we're at then fair play to you but personally I think although we're favourites for relegation this time round we're a bit better than Englands Non League , just my opinion of course . what has attendances got to with it ?

Who would you say Barnet were on par with then? I think attendances do have a part in how good a team can become. More supporters going to matches gives the team more funds to compete for signings. If Barnet are pulling in as many fans as us surely that suggests they are able to pull in players of a certain calibre that we are after.

People completely over rate the lower leagues in England, I've seen some games at that level and the standard is shocking! Given that they were almost relegated to the non-leagues then I wouldn't expect them to be much better than lower Division 1 in Scotland

People completely over rate the lower leagues in England, I've seen some games at that level and the standard is shocking! Given that they were almost relegated to the non-leagues then I wouldn't expect them to be much better than lower Division 1 in Scotland

You may be right but i'd have thought with ticket prices and attendances roughly equal to ours they'd be between us and Ross County. These things are hard to compare though. Stockport are League Two and we only managed to beat them 1-0, They only managed 5 wins all season in League One before being relegated. I know it was only a friendly though so this doesn't prove anything. Fleetwood also beat us and they are non league, our team wasn't weakened that much either.

You may be right but i'd have thought with ticket prices and attendances roughly equal to ours they'd be between us and Ross County. These things are hard to compare though. Stockport are League Two and we only managed to beat them 1-0, They only managed 5 wins all season in League One before being relegated. I know it was only a friendly though so this doesn't prove anything. Fleetwood also beat us and they are non league, our team wasn't weakened that much either.

It's not just ticket prices and attendances, the sponserhip and tv deal is a lot higher in the spl, and there is more teams in their leagues to compete with. The friendlies dont mean anything, Aberdeen got beat 3-1 by Fraserburgh the other week, doesn't mean the highland league is on par with the spl. I reckon Ross County could beat them comfortably in a competative game.

He sounds like a decent prospect and hopefully he has a bit of pace to take on the opposing defence. We haven't had a decent left back since hastings in his first spell at the club so hopefull kenny is the man