FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Radio Scotland coverage WORSE THAN USELESS

Macduffer

Out of interest, why have Moray Firth stopped covering the games live?

I dont know for sure but guessing, i would say MONEY !!! It costs them money to get broadcasting rights and it would seem unlikely that they recoup much if any of that from advertising revenue. Given that they are no longer really an "independent" radio station that covers the Highlands and part of a larger conglomerate, its all about the bottom line and that one probably didnt make good reading !!!

Agree with everything said above - utter garbage on Sportsound on Saturday......but, like RiG says, let's just fly under the radar and let teams set themselves up for no width and long ball tactics.

We've got to finish 2nd now, just to get it up 'em!

Funnily enough, looking at the stations listed as part of the Bauer family ... I seem to recall one or two of them used to be allowed to provide pre-game, half-time and full-time reports as well as "live goal updates" from the games involving clubs in their catchment area without paying for the rights ... but all that was stopped when a couple of them fell foul of the rules by (purposely) going to games for extended periods rather than just the updates and it was considered "commentary".

My understanding is that this is also why Radio Scotland were forced to make Open All Mics "UK Only". Previous to that they could broadcast live games to the UK and OpenAllMics worldwide ... but again, going to games whilst in play and maybe lingering a bit longer than needed was considered commentary so they had to switch to UK only as they had rights for that.....

The whole thing is ludicrous to me .... I can sit at home on a Saturday morning and watch LIVE English Premier League games on TV from about 7:30AM right through to the late one. When it comes to the 3PM games, I can usually choose between 2 or 3. Same on a Sunday, live games without any issues. Many are on what would be comparable to "freeview", others are on a group of cable channels I get by paying a little extra (not a sports package, just an upgraded package of standard and HD channels), and only a handful are on the premium sports channels which I dont subscribe to. There is (or was) the odd Scottish game on TV (mostly SKY games), but they only seem to be on Premium channels ... crazy.

It comes down to the club making the investment - and there are gains to be made.  How many worldwide fans could we attract if we had online coverage?  We need a bit of marketing here - Inverness is a unique place and a high-flying club, yet our coverage is on a par with non-league English clubs.

What a dilemma today .....

After live coverage of Man City/Arsenal do I choose Chelsea/Crystal Palace, Newcastle/Southampton, West Ham/Sunderland, Everton/Fulham, Bayern/Hamburg or Rennes/PSG .... or do i stick with OpenAllMics !!!  Later, do I watch Wolfsburg/Stuttgart or Hull/Stoke or do i switch to Uruguayan football ..... Highlights the low rent coverage of the SPFL !!!! ...

It has to be said that the Stenny/Rangers game is getting shown tomorrow morning and our game is actually on TV later tonight but unlike all the games I listed above, which are on normal channels, the Scottish games are both on a premium channel thats part of a very expensive package.

It has to be said that the Stenny/Rangers game is getting shown tomorrow morning and our game is actually on TV later tonight but unlike all the games I listed above, which are on normal channels, the Scottish games are both on a premium channel

guess the Stenny game is not getting shown ... match off !!!

When will Hughes make wholesale changes to the side?!?!?  It's clear from the expert analyses that we have no chance of coming second or even third - that's obviously Dundee United and Aberdeen - so can we get rid of all our failing players to at least stand a chance of getting into the top six?

Ridiculous 'analysis' to ignore the team clearly in front.

Edited by starchief

• 2 months later...