Marius

davieB

I was delighted by a wee bit of tomfoolery by MN as Bayne was being prepared to make his entrance.

Having assumed that he was about to be hooked, his socks were at his ankles to indicate that he had worked them off.

As Roy was withdrawn, grumpily, the socks had to be pulled up.

Metaphors abound!

I have but one fear after his two goals.

That fear is that expectations will once again rise to disproportionate levels about his ability.  This is a start but I for one won't be getting excited that he starts banging them in each week.

Well taken first goal and second he couldnt miss.  His fluff of the shot in the first place was impressive.  The one that whistled by the post would have been icing on the cake.  However, he was certainly nowhere near man of the match.  Rankin and Black were competing for that.  Black's temprament was excellent.  He got hammered a couple of times but just got on with it. 

The 4-5-1 left us sitting far to deep but hey it is working for now.  I worked a bit better when Marius dropped back and Bayne led the line, very well I must say.

I thought we were still shacky and paniced a lot with clearences.  Special mentions to the little noticed or mentioned things:

Mike Fraser - Well played son.  Good saves.  A couple of dodgy kicks but they were pass backs to his wrong foot.  One bit of hesitation on his line but well played.

Russel Ducan - Knowing he was coming off as he could hardly walk but still managed to walk to the opposite side of the pitch from the stand to mean it took even longer to walk off.

John Rankin - His 40 yard lob effort on a 10 foot tall goalie.  Sorry that should be 2 efforts of lobs on a 10 foot tall goalie.  He must not be sold in the window.

As for Marius, lets just wait and see.  Good performance and I am sure he can produce more like it.

Having now seen the TV snippet on the BBC website, I have to congratulate the Hibs player who makes a desperate attempt to stop Caley giving away a goal kick to Hibs and offers Marius the chance to score with his 'right' foot!! After all the near misses it is remarkable how luck can shine down on those suffering mis fortune.

The TV snippet also seems to confirm Collins 'goal' was not over the line. Pity there is no footage of the big keeper handling outside the box. That would shut up Collins and draw Assistant referees to a persistent infringer.

Having now seen the TV snippet on the BBC website, I have to congratulate the Hibs player who makes a desperate attempt to stop Caley giving away a goal kick to Hibs and offers Marius the chance to score with his 'right' foot!! After all the near misses it is remarkable how luck can shine down on those suffering mis fortune.

The TV snippet also seems to confirm Collins 'goal' was not over the line. Pity there is no footage of the big keeper handling outside the box. That would shut up Collins and draw Assistant referees to a persistent infringer.

Agree with the above. Marius first stab was going well wide, until the Hibs defender gave him another shot at it! However, it may have taken an early deflection.

And yes, the Geoff Hurst goal was NOT over the line.

Great to get a wee bit of luck though!!