FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Falkirk -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Did Black get injured?  It meant we had to put up with the textbook Duncan performance of misplaced passes, poor positioning and multiple shots from distance that endangered only the ballboys behind the goal.

Commentators mentioned something about possibly being injured when they said Duncan had come on at half time when they were just about to start the game but I was just coming back into the room at the time so did'nt catch it clear enough, Did think to myself though at that point it might not just be an injury given its Black and at Half Time, so it really wouldn't surprise me if there is more to this than just an injury.

Black being hauled off at Half Time wouldn't be the first time when things are not going right for the team  :014:

Just back from match and it was pretty woefull stuff . Was glad to see the back of Black at half time one spoon miles over the bar about summed up his game.  Imrie stood out in the effort department but that was about it..

That's the first away game I've done since New Year.  God have mercy on those who go to all of these if our performances are anything like this.

This was like watching Brazil compared to the last effort at Tynecastle  :015:

And the two goals against in ten minutes at Motherwell being reduced to two goals in five minutes at Hibs, and getting trashed at Kilmarnock after we had taken the lead, and worrying that Gretna had better players...

So many away highlights since the New Year :rotflmao:

Sounds like a therapy group needs to be set up - you know, everyone sits in a circle, and one after another we stand up and say, for example, "Hi, my name's Hislopsoffsideagain and I supported Inverness away from home", before breaking down in inconsolable tears.

Well, that did not sound too good.

Like Scotty, I tried to tune in to find the total exclusion zone outside Britain in full electronic vibrancy, so I managed to get in to the Gretna game and then learned about Craig Levein's hot rant. That livened things up, thank goodness.

So many times I read or hear that this forward or that forward blootered it a yard or more above the bar. These players are professiopnal footballers so what element of human nature overides the training and common sense drilled into them for years to try and keep it beneath the bar. If it hits the bar the Pimple says."ooh, well done that man, better luck next time" but, otherwise,.......pshaw!

If Barry Wilson , at his "age" was one of the most active ICT players what does that say for the younger brigade?  And if Rory is as bad as has been stated by some posters on here why is he in the team at all then? It sounds awfully-like Brewster is trying desperately to give him as many games as possible to see if he can light a spark. The question is whether this is ever going to happen after his many 1st team games over quite a long time ,as I recall?

Sorry, but it sounds like Craig Brewster  is scratching his head wondering what to do adn he simply does not have the reserve power to do anything significant.

As I said, it does not sound good and the team sounds totally disjointed and spiritless to boot. Unless a miracle happens my bet, tragic as it is,  is that it will be the same after the first few games of next season , and you all better buckle your seat belts for a bumpy ride.

Clear-out necessary? Only id excellent replacements are available to fill the holes left afterwards--and that's a tall order .............................. :024:

Uninspiring stuff.

We were poor, and Falkirk were eager and quicker on the break and with the Jambo's being pumped by Killie their mission was accomplished.  Barry could have opened the scoring early on but after chasing a ball down the inside right channel he went too far and his attempted chip into the goals from a more acute angle than he would have liked sailed harmlessly high and wide.  Grim stuff from us as an attacking force with Rory being the main culprit.  I reckon he seems to be scared when challenging defenders as he misses so many balls aimed in his direction and ultimately loses out in any challenge despite some nice touches.  Defence looked all at sea yesterday with Granty missing again and Proctors indecision almost cost us dear.  Imrie struggled to make headway early on but improved as the game progressed.  Cowie was another I thought who lacked an edge and Black was very quiet. Fraser did welland was not to blame for either goal, the second being lashed past him after Roy tangled with his own player in the left half area, and when Falkirk broke forward from there, Finnegan lashed a great shot high into the net from fifteen yards past an exposed Mike.  Best that can be said about the game was Bazza becoming the second top ICT scorer on his own after calmly converting a penalty he himself won in the last couple of minutes, cutting along the byeline and being felled as he moved into the box. Hastings posted missing most of the game, leaving the right wing area open to abuse.   Marius had some good touches, but playing deeper than Rory would have given him little enthusiasm and nowhere to play the ball to and expect a return pass.  He tried a couple of shots which were either blocked or screwed wide, but really not a good day for him overall.  I thought Russell looked keen when he came on but the game was lost by then and it was the usual too little too late.

Brew was in his suit all day, no intention of playing at all.  Some of the guys on the park might have well played with their suits on as well.  But lets not be too critical, it was what they call end of season stuff.

Best for us on the day..........Fraser, Imrie eventually and Bazza who looks like he is winning the battle to sign a new contract, if ability is anything to go by.

I reckon he seems to be scared when challenging defenders as he misses so many balls aimed in his direction and ultimately loses out in any challenge despite some nice touches.

The first time I saw him play for any length of time was the game against Stirling Albion. Then, he seemed affronted that anyone would actually challenge him, and would stop and glare at them as they made off with the ball. Maybe he needs regular beatings to toughen him up a bit. I'm happy to offer my services  :001:

Tactically we were inept - but like alimici said it was a world waway from the Tynecastle performance - although we were always going to be second best. Ya cant have a go at any of them for effort put AGAIN our away system was feckin totally wrong. As we started I actually thought - well 4-4-2 and the team didnt look too bad - apart from the idiotic idea of pairing Marius and Rory.  :029: So this wek I am going to try and put some positves into it.

FRASER  :001: :001: :001: Woefully exposed at times and his old kicking "slice" came back on a few occasions.

TOKELY  :001: :001: :001: Also left a little exposed but defended well with one great, mazy run which ended up like the John Smiths dive.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

PROCTOR  :001: :001: Some great tackles and was at least willing to play the ball out on the deck. But why is Brewster perservering at playing him at centre back - that quite clearly isnt his position.

HASTINGS  :001: :001: As ever sound defensively but 95% hoof otherwise.

MCBAIN  :001: :001: :001: :001: Got loads of space and almost ended up as a winger in the second half - and waht a volley that hit the side netting. Has done enuff to keep the left back position - unless Brew feckin changes it !!

BAZZA  :001: :001: :001: :001: Edged Royster fer MOM - Still a bit of a luxury away from home but was the one player who looked like really troubling the Falkirk defence. Well worth his penalty goal - although he should have scored in the second minute.

BLACK  :001: I suspect Black did not like the role afforded to him but he had a shocker.

COWIE  :001: :001: :001: I feel dead sorry fer Cowie - can someone tell me where he is playing - I shure as feck dont know and does he ? Loses out when Wilson is there and I think he should be played as the new Bazza. When he gets into forward positions he looks very dangerous - one great shot, after a bit of Niculae magic - brought out a great save.

IMRIE  :001: :001: :001: Cant call the lad fer effort and another who was fecked by the tactics - but how many feckin positions has he played in since he joined. He is a feckin left midfielder fer fecks sake.

MARIUS  :001: :001: :001: For 10-15 minutes I thought that we were going to get a really class performance. He was playing right up front, he was spraying lay offs and passes all over the place - I even stood up and clapped one brilliant through ball which was chipped on the outside of his left foot. And then BREWSTER fecked it - as I will explain on another thread.

RORY  :001: :001: Similiar to Niculae as he lopes around and looks as if he has little pace and slow movement - but he doesnt have the experience, the touch, the positioning etc.,etc.

DUNCAN  :001: :001: Usual contribution.

BAYNE  :001: :001: Should have been on from the start.

VIGURS  :001: :001: :001: Now I like the look of this lad.

AND WHAT ABOUT LATAPY - The man still oozes class.

Missed Roy out for praise in my earlier post, but in the second half he made lots of runs down the left flank and tried pretty hard, but no takers from his endeavour.  Other than that, smileys are fairly accurate.  I must have missed Mike slicing his kicks.  Thought he handled everything well, and clutched a dangerous cross under pressure with applomb.  Higdon was menacing and gave our centre backs a torrid time, lets hope Rory learns something from that, he really needs to put himself about a bit more.

Aye, Latapy has that effect on us, I murmered something like........christ, thats all we need now!  He still has the control and knack of creating something out of nothing.

Just remembered, was there a sponsored silence in the away crowd yesterday...............spookily sombre mood yesterday, only broken by the occasional expletive directed at Rory.................mostly from myself :hiding03: