The Ian Vigurs enigma

Moogthurso

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

Someone on P&B is saying Falkirk are keen on him.

Aye, I heard Dunfermline and Poly for St Mirren maybe.  Wouldn’t like to lose both but if one had to go I’d see Vigurs stay as he has done very well in the last half of the season.  Poly can have a really negative attitude which I think is contagious. But that’s why I’m not a manager I suppose...

Dream not dead yet, mon Dumbarton......?

We are back on the 'body language' / 'attitude' stuff for Polworth again I see.

Liam Polworth has had an absolute beast of a season.  He has had 16 assists in the Championship, six more than the next best player, more than gjuys like Lewis Morgan, Stephen Dobbie.  That's playing in a team that's been in the bottom half the table for practically the entire season without a striker who has a decent number of goals.  On the run that we've had at the end of the season he's scored or assisted eight of the twenty goals we've scored.

• Like 1
  • Agree 11

On 09/01/2018 at 7:17 PM, wynthank15 said:

Vigurs was always a bright skillful player in a very dull Brewster team that got relegated, problem was he only got a 20 minute run and eventually lost patience. I'm surprised he didn't make it at Motherwell, could have been an attitude problem. I have no problem with players having attitude as long as it is directed towards their work and not against Managers or Referees. He can't defend to save himself he is too much of a ball watcher which was cruelly exposed last season, especially without Tansey behind him, ideally, you want him around the edge of the opposition box as the furthest forward midfielder with a holding player behind him in a 4 man midfield or as a no 10, he also has a good free kick in him and an eye for goal. Given the relatively poor quality in this division one would hope he can stand out and weigh in with some goals. I get the feeling that he is a player who needs bigging up by the Manager to get the best out of him as he seems to be easily discouraged which leads to his mouthing off at referees rather than knuckling down to the battle. I think he could be much better if our forwards were banging in the goals, I know I would be frustrated if chance after chance was squandered.

Think the main reason he didn't make it at Motherwell was due to a serious back problem which (I think) eventually needed surgery - think he was training to regain fitness when Yogi signed him.

Apparently the back problem caused him to lose the feeling in his left leg/foot (I vaguely remembered reading an interview with him when he signed this time around), which would definitely be an issue for a left footed player......