Grant as captain

givmeaccccc

Apart from the fact that there is no leadership of the park there is none being shown on the field of play.

Witness yesterday when an oppostion player was down for 3/4 minutes. Our captain was wandering around by himself when he should have been encouraging his team. He doesn't have to preach tactics just a quick word of encouragement and a pat on the back. At least Duncan showed some concern and heart when he chewed up Bulvitus for an error, even although he is more guilty than most at misplaced passing.

Witness also the QOS manager encouraging one of his team after a poor pass rather than giving him a Butcher type rant and wave of the arms. That's the sign of a TEAM.

Granty, has a lot on his plate i dont think he can handle it all.

1. he is covering for Bull

2. he is cleaning up from Duncans miss adventures

3. he is trying to do his job too

4. he isnt rossco.

Duncan went nuts at bull to cover for his funk up, at the end of the day 3 goals went past 4 of our players. If you watched the build up to duncans rant, it was him that missed kicked it, then lost it and chased it back, Bull got it to duncan who had no room to move with it, the then lost it again and bull stood and watched....

Duncan (CDM)

Bull (CB)

Grant (CB)

Esson (Poor sod trying to make up for the 3 out players)

They never scored from crossed balls they all came from down the middle....... Now to be fair Rossco and Golly are in the back line too but.. are not IMO responsible for the Center they have there own worrys.

Id give the arm band to a forward... as he'd have time to watch the game and lead from the Front. Granty has to be honest far to much to deal with in the Center of our back middle line to be watching and leading too....

(I think i did well not to slag the lad there)

Edited by Georgeios

Granty, has a lot on his plate i dont think he can handle it all.

1. he is covering for Bull

2. he is cleaning up from Duncans miss adventures

3. he is trying to do his job too

4. he isnt rossco.

Duncan went nuts at bull to cover for his funk up, at the end of the day 3 goals went past 4 of our players. If you watched the build up to duncans rant, it was him that missed kicked it, then lost it and chased it back, Bull got it to duncan who had no room to move with it, the then lost it again and bull stood and watched....

Duncan (CDM)

Bull (CB)

Grant (CB)

Esson (Poor sod trying to make up for the 3 out players)

They never scored from crossed balls they all came from down the middle....... Now to be fair Rossco and Golly are in the back line too but.. are not IMO responsible for the Center they have there own worrys.

Id give the arm band to a forward... as he'd have time to watch the game and lead from the Front. Granty has to be honest far to much to deal with in the Center of our back middle line to be watching and leading too....

(I think i did well not to slag the lad there)

Yes feel really sorry for Esson this covering for Bull. He is shocking!

I have said before Tokely would be a better captain. If not him then Foran - he might as well be captain as he seems to double up on everything else - defence, midfield and attack.

I'm with you Hearach...

Rossco would be for his efforts and his work rate but not so much for his card collecting,

Foran for his other leauges and teams hes played for, his experance, also he has a massive heart he loses the plot and takes things to heart when he forks up or messes up, and i bet wouldnt have slackers on the park.

Granty im sorry but the clap and come on guys just doesnt work anymore....

Edited by themann4thejob

Im not knocking his playing ability in CB I just think he has to much on his plate sorting our other CB and CDM, the mans not superman, Id say let him lead the back and let an out field Lead the Team, They'd have less to try and deal with, Grant has to deal with and cover for 2/3 players along with being a CB....