FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are County and QoS now out of the title push?

MorayJaggie

The empty mug of the lemon flavoured green tea has spoken. The illusion at this time is that 69 is the magical number but this is only due to the unclean minds of the mortals, by the time the unspeaking farm lands visit the hallowed ground of the Caledonian Arena there will have been enough dropped points from others that the magic number of 67 will be attained and great celebrations will herald the return of the standard to the capitol of the High Lands.

At the time of writing, 70 is the magic number. 69 is the magic-ish number, as GD should be enough (but remember Hearts in 1986).

I'm inclined to agree that 67 may well be enough, but as C*unty play so many games in the last week, we may not know it's enough when it happens.

The empty mug of the lemon flavoured green tea has spoken. The illusion at this time is that 69 is the magical number but this is only due to the unclean minds of the mortals, by the time the unspeaking farm lands visit the hallowed ground of the Caledonian Arena there will have been enough dropped points from others that the magic number of 67 will be attained and great celebrations will herald the return of the standard to the capitol of the High Lands.

At the time of writing, 70 is the magic number. 69 is the magic-ish number, as GD should be enough (but remember Hearts in 1986).

I'm inclined to agree that 67 may well be enough, but as C*unty play so many games in the last week, we may not know it's enough when it happens.

THE MUG HAS SPOKEN Believe the mug.

Looking at County's fixture list

13th Apr away to Morton

17th Apr away to Airdrie

20th Apr away to Queens

24th Apr home to Partick

26th Apr home to Morton

28th Apr away to Ayr

1st May away to Raith

Thats one hell of a schedule to hope for maximum points. If they were to pull that of they'd deserve the bloody title.

Thats one hell of a schedule to hope for maximum points. If they were to pull that of they'd deserve the bloody title.

It's never going to happen. County have performed way over all expectations so far this season. I can see it fading from here to the run in. Title push is over.

It's never going to happen. County have performed way over all expectations so far this season. I can see it fading from here to the run in. Title push is over.

It does look good for us though.

Come on Partick!

Come on Inverness!

If we win at Queens and Partick hold Dundee to a draw, a win at home to Dunfermline will put us out of Dundees reach on goal difference. Assuming County beat Morton and Airdrie, I would expect to see Queens draw with County again putting us out of reach on goal difference.

A draw at Ayr would see us winning the Championship but I would hope the trophy would be presented at TCS so the Dundee fans can see what it looks like. :023:

A draw at Ayr would see us winning the Championship but I would hope the trophy would be presented at TCS so the Dundee fans can see what it looks like. B)

I would doubt very much the SFL will expect a presentation at Ayr so I think it will definitely be presented prior to playing Dundee.

lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. even a draw on sat will mean a winner takes all v dundee on the final day is likely. 90 mins at a time

Erm, no, I will get ahead of myself if I like. Feel free to stick me on ignore if my optimism is ruining your bad mood.

lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. even a draw on sat will mean a winner takes all v dundee on the final day is likely. 90 mins at a time

Erm, no, I will get ahead of myself if I like. Feel free to stick me on ignore if my optimism is ruining your bad mood.

woooooo.bit touchy tonight

woooooo.bit touchy tonight

Not touchy just bored of everyone who feels the need to reign in the supporters who are doing what football supporters are best at, getting carried away on a wave of euphoria when their team are playing well and getting results.

The ICT support seems to be stappit fu of pessimists who are perpetually looking for the worst case scenario, it would seem to me that many of our ranks have taken our relegation to extremes and are afraid that they might end up greetin in the stands again. To quote another of the pessimists on here, "get a feckin grip" it's football, the whole experience of being a (non glory hunting) football supporter means that you will suffer disappointment and set backs but football is there to give us an escape from reality and a place to dream. I feel sorry for the likes of yourself for you are missing the greatest part of being a footy fan, nae luck mate.

a lot of wild assumptions there birddog.

dont try to lecture me on the joys of being a football fan.i've been watching games for well over 30 years and despite many ups and downs, would certainly not classify myself as pessimist, travel arrangements for ayr are testement to that.

if i wish to, in the face of trophy presention talk, which is fine, advise some caution because i like many am nervous, i will, and its you that can hit ignore if you so wish , or just go away till you arent feeling so wound up , :rolleyes:

dont try to lecture me on the joys of being a football fan.i've been watching games for well over 30 years and despite many ups and downs, would certainly not classify myself as pessimist, travel arrangements for ayr are testement to that.

if i wish to, in the face of trophy presention talk, which is fine, advise some caution because i like many am nervous, i will, and its you that can hit ignore if you so wish , or just go away till you arent feeling so wound up , :rolleyes:

NICE reply dude, you see the thing is I am over the nervous part of it, I am over the cautious part of it I am at the excited stage, I am excited about singing "stand up for the champions" at our next home match. I have run all the scenarios through in my head and that is the scenario which I am daring to dream at the moment. Caution to the wind dear boy, caution to the wind.

NICE reply dude, you see the thing is I am over the nervous part of it, I am over the cautious part of it I am at the excited stage, I am excited about singing "stand up for the champions" at our next home match. I have run all the scenarios through in my head and that is the scenario which I am daring to dream at the moment. Caution to the wind dear boy, caution to the wind.

i'll maybe join you with the caution to the wind then , once we've put queens out of their misery on sat, cos i have a sneaky feeling if we do the business, plastic whistle may well take a point of dee. :)

After checking the table again a win on Saturday will knock out Qos and Pars.

Pars are already out of it. The best they can do is win all games and reach 61 pts. They would also need to get +22 goals to go above us.

I totally agree with you but on paper they're still in it until it is mathematically impossible for them to win.

if we were to lose 2-0 against queens, Ayr and Dumpdee, and the pars were to beat us 6-0 up here, all they would neeed to do is win all their other 3 games by 5 clear goals and we would have shot ourselves in the foot. Somehow me thinks Rossco will walk through several brick walls to stop that from happening alone. Pars are out of it, but that doesnt mean to say they wont have a say in the outcome yet.

We are top of the league, that means everyone else will play a bit harder against us. Queens will show us how much on Saturday. A win for us will go a very very long way to

Pars are already out of it. The best they can do is win all games and reach 61 pts. They would also need to get +22 goals to go above us.

I totally agree with you but on paper they're still in it until it is mathematically impossible for them to win.

In the words of the great Chic Young, "don't you mean arithmetically impossible?"

In the words of the great Chic Young, "don't you mean arithmetically impossible?"

haha Yeah. I always liked that one.