FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are County and QoS now out of the title push?

MorayJaggie

Stranger things have happened but County's backlog of games will take it out of them I think....

Dundee are still the threat and it only takes a couple of bad results and the door is open again....having said that though they need to win all their games to keep the pressure on....

I try not to comment on grammar too much but surely 'Are' not 'Is' - it is the title of the thread after all.

And, yes, I think they are.

fixed it for ya .... even added a question mark :D

If I were RIG or SMEE I'd be saying something like, "If QOS beat us on Saturday and win their 3 games in hand then they would only be 4 points behind us."

Nah, they're both fecked. Dunfermline's title push is also officially over unless they win all their games, we lose all ours and they overcome a goal difference deficit of 21.

It's us or Dundee now.

If I were RIG or SMEE I'd be saying something like, "If QOS beat us on Saturday and win their 3 games in hand then they would only be 4 points behind us."

I would?

A fantastic result for us as, along with the Pars, they will have little to play for when they play us now. Winner!

I would?

A fantastic result for us as, along with the Pars, they will have little to play for when they play us now. Winner!

QOS, Yes. County, No.

I would?

Well you are a bit of a pessimest, you would have to admit that, no?

Nothing wrong with that though, makes the good times all the sweeter!

Edited by Caley

Having watched them both tonight County look knackered and Queens are in need of a new manager so i would say they are out of it.

Looks to me like 2 wins and a draw in the next 3 games leaves the league down to two teams and the final game. Qos and County have a hypothetical chance, but too many games to play.

Dundee have to win their last 5 games, 4 of which are away from home. Their away form hasn't lit up the heather, so wouldn't expect them to get more than 10 points from those games.

Edited by crownjaggie

County have to really ratch it up and come from behind to be in contention. That's a mountain to climb for them.

But I won't be happy until the fat lady sings

"It's in the bag, it's in the bag

It's all over with no chance of a sag.

Hoch. Hoch.

This time last year few believed ICT would slide through the relegation trap door. Terry kept saying we are almost there (to safety) but we never arrived.

Dundee seem determined to win 5 out of 5 after a revitalised performance last Saturday.

Ross County might well do a Caley against Celtic next Saturday but even if they fail they will be tired and eventually face 4 games in 8 days. They have performed brilliantly this season but the odds are currently against them.

QOS have nothing to lose this Saturday and all to gain. A win will give them belief, it will give them a great scalp, and it will perk Chisholm up at Dundee in the same way Yogi was not phased by having to beat ICT at the Tulloch Station on the last day of the season.

Some time back the ICT players indicated they could not afford to lose any further games if they were to get back into the title race. Whilst there is confidence in the team there must also be tension and therefore the long journey to Dumfries this Saturday is one where a draw or win are the most critical results almost in our history. No other games this season matter.

This time last year few believed ICT would slide through the relegation trap door. Terry kept saying we are almost there (to safety) but we never arrived.

Dundee seem determined to win 5 out of 5 after a revitalised performance last Saturday.

Ross County might well do a Caley against Celtic next Saturday but even if they fail they will be tired and eventually face 4 games in 8 days. They have performed brilliantly this season but the odds are currently against them.

QOS have nothing to lose this Saturday and all to gain. A win will give them belief, it will give them a great scalp, and it will perk Chisholm up at Dundee in the same way Yogi was not phased by having to beat ICT at the Tulloch Station on the last day of the season.

Some time back the ICT players indicated they could not afford to lose any further games if they were to get back into the title race. Whilst there is confidence in the team there must also be tension and therefore the long journey to Dumfries this Saturday is one where a draw or win are the most critical results almost in our history. No other games this season matter.

Had to respond to this as I am gaurded but becoming increasingly optimistic. Dungdee have had a good 90 minutes and no more and to take 15 out of 15 would be asking a hell of a lot at this time of the season - especially away to Plastic Whistle and a doubler against bitter rivals Raif within a few days. If they get 10 out of 15 they would have done well.

Irrespective of the Cellic score the pressure of games on Tinkerville is just too much - they have been unfortunate that the weather and their cup run appears to have put pay to their title challenge and I felt that they would have been one of if not THE main contender.

Queens dont have anything to lose but I doubt if they will look at it as anything to win - psychologically that can mean a lot.

Dundee and Chisholm would have had an even bigger boost if ICT had fallen to Raif and/or to Morton. We are scraping wins but that is a very positive thing at this stage at the season.

We were in a position where we could not afford to lose any games or drop points - that is no longer the case - we are now in a position where we are in charge of our own destiny and this team has been berated and at times in the season written off - That is a real psychological angle to utilise. I bet if you ask tokes and co they would feel that winning the league this season would be a far greater achievement than in 2004.

Every game is the most critical of our season - the last gasp winner versus Raif and the scrap at Cappielow showed the committment and the motivation of the players. I suspect that you are also confident but more gaurded than I BUT I would go as far as saying that three points on Saturday could just be enuff to get us through. I would even take a point at this moment in time.

But then Dumbfarmlife becomes our most critical game of the season - and then Hair Untied. I really want the title to be won before the final day as that is where we would be at our most fallible - plus Dungdee have a hoodooo over us.

So lets move on to palmerston and be as loud as we can be - BRING IT FECKIN ON.

Had to respond to this as I am gaurded but becoming increasingly optimistic. Dungdee have had a good 90 minutes and no more and to take 15 out of 15 would be asking a hell of a lot at this time of the season - especially away to Plastic Whistle and a doubler against bitter rivals Raif within a few days. If they get 10 out of 15 they would have done well.

Irrespective of the Cellic score the pressure of games on Tinkerville is just too much - they have been unfortunate that the weather and their cup run appears to have put pay to their title challenge and I felt that they would have been one of if not THE main contender.

Queens dont have anything to lose but I doubt if they will look at it as anything to win - psychologically that can mean a lot.

Dundee and Chisholm would have had an even bigger boost if ICT had fallen to Raif and/or to Morton. We are scraping wins but that is a very positive thing at this stage at the season.

We were in a position where we could not afford to lose any games or drop points - that is no longer the case - we are now in a position where we are in charge of our own destiny and this team has been berated and at times in the season written off - That is a real psychological angle to utilise. I bet if you ask tokes and co they would feel that winning the league this season would be a far greater achievement than in 2004.

Every game is the most critical of our season - the last gasp winner versus Raif and the scrap at Cappielow showed the committment and the motivation of the players. I suspect that you are also confident but more gaurded than I BUT I would go as far as saying that three points on Saturday could just be enuff to get us through. I would even take a point at this moment in time.

But then Dumbfarmlife becomes our most critical game of the season - and then Hair Untied. I really want the title to be won before the final day as that is where we would be at our most fallible - plus Dungdee have a hoodooo over us.

Seriously, how old are you? I had assumed from your username that you would have been of an age to have supported Caley in their Highland League days, but having read the above post, I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps you're a teenage boy.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, how old are you? I had assumed from your username that you would have been of an age to have supported Caley in their Highland League days, but having read the above post, I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps you're a teenage boy.

This will make IHE's day!!. Johndo may act like a teenager but it has been a long time since he has been one

He fought at Culloden and at Boroughbriggs.

The way the table stands at the minute

If Dundee were to win all their games they'd be on 69 pts.

Therefore we must take 8 points from our next 4.

Dunfermline are out of the running....The best they can get now is 61 pts and would need to score +28 to go above us.

Taking the magic number as 69 Queens are out of it and County need 21 from 7 games.

Dundee, for me, are the team under pressure now. They cannot drop a point before coming to TCS but we can lose one of our remaining 4.

I always believed the tales. I believed that the mystical creature that is the IHE was all seeing and all powerful, an undeniable source of power and knowledge. Unfortunately his powers seem to be either fading or he has been found out as the charlatan he really is. The IHE has recently shown that he cannot view future events, as has long been the belief, the IHE tried to tell us that we should "Get a feckin grip" in our celebrations as our magnificent ICT troops march towards the goal of securing the SFL's 1st Division standard, sweeping aside all foes on the route. The IHE is failing but the Reverend shall rise to take his place.

eagle-m.jpg

Edited by Revbirdog

The way the table stands at the minute

If Dundee were to win all their games they'd be on 69 pts.

Therefore we must take 8 points from our next 4.

Dunfermline are out of the running....The best they can get now is 61 pts and would need to score +28 to go above us.

Taking the magic number as 69 Queens are out of it and County need 21 from 7 games.

Dundee, for me, are the team under pressure now. They cannot drop a point before coming to TCS but we can lose one of our remaining 4.

The empty mug of the lemon flavoured green tea has spoken. The illusion at this time is that 69 is the magical number but this is only due to the unclean minds of the mortals, by the time the unspeaking farm lands visit the hallowed ground of the Caledonian Arena there will have been enough dropped points from others that the magic number of 67 will be attained and great celebrations will herald the return of the standard to the capitol of the High Lands.