FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A New Punter

LancsDave

Well, I'm following in Laurence's footsteps on this forum as an Englishman in his 60s (but not as old as Laurence!). I live in the shadow of empty dark satanic cotton mills near Burnley in Lancashire and am, in fact, a supporter of Burnley and watch them maybe at half their home games.

In the 90s, I was a regular visitor to the Highlands, doing the Munros (big hills) and when I approached Kessock Bridge, I would see your ground and be uplifted that I was only an hour from Ullapool, my favourite bolt hole. I started following your progress through the leagues and decided that it was time to watch ICT. I therefore dragged my missus to both Rangers (draw) and Hearts (win) and then it was time to see them at home so I slotted in a visit on my own during a hillwalking trip to see Dundee U, under Levein, win 2-0. The highlight was the fact that Dundee supporters came out from hospitality late for the second half and didn't know they had scored in the first minute of the half until one of them got the score on his phone!

Last year, with the wife, I did matches at Dumfries, Kirkcaldy and Ayr (7-0!) and we finished up pictured in the Daily Express, stood in the centre circle after the match.

This Wednesday, I'm dragging our caravan to Dunkeld for a couple of days, then up to the Moray Firth for just over a week. On the morning of 14 August, I'll mention to the wife that Celtic are in Inverness and find 2 tickets in my pocket!

I've enjoyed the banter at the games as much as the football ad I enjoy the lack of theatrics which is crippling the game down here. My favourite player is Roscoe Tokely as he's the same height as me and nearly as old.

I'll finish where I started by mentioning Laurence. I thought his avatar was Johnny Rotten (sorry you youngsters - before your time!) but now I realise it's a certain SPL manager in a rather bloodstained England shirt!

• Agree 3

Welcome aboard Dave.

You will get some good banter on here, don't be put off by some of our more cryptic contributors. That Ayr raid was one of the best days out ever, just brilliant, and topped off with the sermon from Butcher, wow.

Welcome Dave.

Englishmen are getting more numerous up here in Inverness and we have a corker in the Manager's seat. He's AMBITIOUS. Which suits us down to the gropund.

And there is no need to worry about Laurence's age --- he is ageless. :_panting:

Welcome aboard Dave...(can never have enough Dave's)

Don't worry about being an Englishman following the famous ICT....they love us really.. :ictscarf:

Enjoy the forum and the banter.

I think I might have gone in the Innes on my only other home match. The bar was quite near the ground and had a sign saying no football colours. I had an old SHARP white shirt on so I zipped up my fleece and walked in. I was met by about 100 Caley shirts! I had 4 pints and still felt a bit worse for wear driving back to Braemar after the match!

Yer not English Dave - Youre from Lancashire - I am from the city of Chorley maself - but probably too young and too boisterous to allow you to drive me to an away game - but if you are interested ?

Did you hear the rumour earlier this season that Graham Alexander had been approached by ICT ?

Yer not English Dave - Youre from Lancashire - I am from the city of Chorley maself - but probably too young and too boisterous to allow you to drive me to an away game - but if you are interested ?

Did you hear the rumour earlier this season that Graham Alexander had been approached by ICT ?

Never heard about Alexander and ICT but he'd do a job at ICT, no doubt, even though he's Coventry born and bred! He's also captain at Burnley now.

So, you're a Chorley Cake are you! I've had a few silly night there (Harry's Bar?) and some late nighter called the Ambassador, maybe - near some Park Gates. I used to visit Chorley for work.

I usually fit away matches in with other reasons, such as Runrig concert (I'll be at Hearts the day after Runrig play at Dunfermline in December, or a trip to, say, Applecross, that I visit a couple of times a year and I pick up a match en route, Falkirk and Raith to mention 2. But I've never travelled up and back in the day. However, who knows, I'll bear it in mind.. I assume you're house trained - not a certainty if you're from Chorley!

Never heard about Alexander and ICT but he'd do a job at ICT, no doubt, even though he's Coventry born and bred! He's also captain at Burnley now.

So, you're a Chorley Cake are you! I've had a few silly night there (Harry's Bar?) and some late nighter called the Ambassador, maybe - near some Park Gates. I used to visit Chorley for work.

I usually fit away matches in with other reasons, such as Runrig concert (I'll be at Hearts the day after Runrig play at Dunfermline in December, or a trip to, say, Applecross, that I visit a couple of times a year and I pick up a match en route, Falkirk and Raith to mention 2. But I've never travelled up and back in the day. However, who knows, I'll bear it in mind.. I assume you're house trained - not a certainty if you're from Chorley!

That would be Applejax Dave and Harrys was closed down yonks ago. I can assure you that I am house trained, polite and most people describe me as a joy to be in the company of.

Hi Dave

Welcome aboard. You'll soon get to see that the folks on here really love and respect all things English. Just don't take it to heart and you'll be fine. Their bark is worse than their bite.

:_wink:

Hi Dave

Welcome aboard. You'll soon get to see that the folks on here really love and respect all things English. Just don't take it to heart and you'll be fine. Their bark is worse than their bite.

As I recall, it's your good self that keeps on biting Oz! :_cry:

Hi Dave

To be fair Oz....i would say its only when it comes to England Footie team...and maybe rugby team that we enjoy watching them fall flat on their face. I dont think any other form of dislike for England has been expressed on here. And , from my own point of view....the reason for that is....because the english press keep banging on about how great England are and are generally condescending to the opponents and we get sick of it. Apart from that tho....i have no issues with anything English.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm now signing off until after the Celtic match. I start my journey north tomorrow morning via Dunkeld, Findochty and Findhorn. I'll be equipped with cagoule and windproof!

Thanks for the welcome and I'm now signing off until after the Celtic match. I start my journey north tomorrow morning via Dunkeld, Findochty and Findhorn. I'll be equipped with cagoule and windproof!

You wont need them Dave....weathers going to be beautiful

Dave welcome aboard mate, this is a good time for me to show my face on the forum again after quite a break, im another of the English ICT followers from Bristol, and have along with my family watched the team both at the Tulloch and away many times, I have always felt most welcome and enjoyed using the official away supporters coach on several occasions, I have exchanged messages on here with quite a few of the members including the Immortal one (that didnt go too badly)and I have met several in person, my only gripe is I would like to meet a few more in the future, its odd how you interact with people who you know very well by name on forums but you would not know them from Adam in the street.

Well im at this I would like to pass my regards to all the other members on the forum, and wish the team the very best for the coming season.

Enjoy

Darrin