FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gazza returning to football

Gringo

Unfortunately this is a car crash waiting to happen and the biggest loser will be Gazza. I dont believe the owner of the club for a second when he says its not a publicity stunt.

Just out of interest did our Terry ever play in the same England team as Gazza? They would both have been around in the late 80's I think.

They both played at 1990 World Cup. in the game Gazza was greetin, Butcher was subbed.

England lost on penalties I believe, :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Edited by Dewsburydude

Garforth owner Simon Clifford, most famous for his Brazilian Soccer Schools, said: "This is not a publicity stunt."I want him to be an inspiration to someone who might have depression or problems in their lives. He's walked through hell but he has kept on walking."

The sad thing here is that Gazza is such an insecure and flawed individual that he is destined to fail. Rather than be an inspiration to others, Gazza will yet again be the subject of public ridicule and this will only reinforce the feelings of inadequacy which others with similar problems will feel.

Hell, I sound as though I'm encroaching into IHE's professional domain here. I'd better get to the point.

Feckin walk away from it Gazza

surely a publicity stunt , kets face it the man is hopeless and should be locked up in a looney bin

There may come a time in your life when you are forced to be supportive of, and sympathetic towards, a sufferer of mental illness. Could be a close friend or family member. Is that how you'd treat them?

As for Gazza, I dont know where he is at the moment as far as treatment goes so I cant really comment on whether or not he could take on this position but I would think that this is not the time to be getting involved in management again.

I feel really sorry for him and agree that he should walk away but the guy loves and lives for football so he was always going to take it.

He is clearly not well and does suffer from a mental illness but clearly there are people who still feel that they can use him to boost their profile which unfortunately I feel this is no matter how much Simon Clifford says it's not.

surely a publicity stunt , kets face it the man is hopeless and should be locked up in a looney bin

You really have a nice outlook on life don't you? The guy was a star in his younger days. It is such a waste that he has ended up this way. Let's hope your loved ones don't end up like him. They might be locked in the garage to avoid any embarrassment to you.

• Agree 1