FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SANTA GAME V DONS

crownjaggie

No doubt the financiers within the club are discussing this as I post it, but being a Monday night there will probably be a worse crowd than normal.  Should we adopt a supermarket B.O.G.O.F. and invite everyone prepared to attend the match to bring a friend for free. (Probably too difficult for the folk at the turnstiles).  Alternatively slash admission prices by half to put bums on seats at the ground rather than in the pub

It would certainly make sense, but don't hold your breath. We were talking about this on Saturday.  The additional TV money over the year balances out the cost, so making it as cheap as possible to get some bums on seats would at least give some kind of atmosphere.

Discounted gate prices seemed to work v Falkirk, last game of last season. There was a good crowd, good atmosphere .................and....er....what seemed like a huge discount when it came to counting the attendance (Ross County style perhaps?)!!

Slash gate gate prices v Aberdoomed? Definitely!! :022:

At the end of the day you either SUPPORT your team or you dont. If your level of support is to stay away just because its on telly then, in my eyes, your not a SUPPORTER. If you stay away because of logistical reasons on a monday night, thats fair enuff. As things stand at the moment me and the better half will be there and likely have the added cost of an overnighter.

My absense on Monday night is purley logisical. I was planning on coming up for the weekend to take in the match against the Dons. Ok, so Setanta compensate clubs for the lack of dosh coming through the turnstiles etc but what about all those other folk that lose out because of a fixture being moved. My beloved B&B is going to lose out, the Clachnaharry Inn will lose out...as will the Innes and Blackfriars plus whatever restaurant Mrs G and me decide to use. Should I tell these folk to write to Setanta to claim a cut of the profits? Can you tell I'm still pished off over this fixture being moved? Aaaah feck it...