That O'Hanlon tackle

bauhaus

Unless free speech is now outlawed in the U.K. or anywhere else, then any member of the public, whether a supporter of ICT or not, has the right to send and email or letter, or by other means of contact, to Bodies such as a compliance officer of any organisation to express his opinion on anything.

Whether he/she influences anyone to change a ruling or decision on matters such as this. or even gets the courtesy of a reply, surely depends on whether or not he or she has couched the letter in non-abusive, legal-type language and whether the recipient has, or has not, got the good manners to reply.

Attacking the Moderators in this way is meaningless and achieves nothing of value because every poster on here at this time knows, or should know, that they do an excellent job of controlling posts and opinions from many different types of member across a wide spectrum of latitude.

Without in any way trying to deny Marks his right to expression on here most of this has now degenerated into close-to farcical nonsense and seems to be more of an attempt at self-justfication rather than a genuine attempt to address the main question. This thread has, imho , been done to death and I encourage Marks to write to the Compliance officer immediately and let us know when he gets a reply. :shrug:

If I did write to the compliance officer I would no doubt deservedly have gotten the same short shrift as the last time I e.mailed people who had any modicum of power. They too got piddled off with inane rubbish sent to them through the interweb, you see it is all relative, mailing people in power no matter where or who they are allows them to wield that power and when it really has nothing to do with the initiator of the conversation or when the conversation is full of irrelevant twaddle then you get the same response.

Planting the idea for for football fans to start Twitter campaigns or e.bomb compliance people is really a dickish thing to do except that putting ideas in other people's minds keeps the instigator anonymous from the proceedings and those dumb enough to follow through end up looking bad.

Not a WUM, just prepared to out the fools.