FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Best moment and worse moment

That 4-3 livi game is still one of my all time favourites and even though it was such a huge game for the 2nd division title we were still promoted and that was good enough for me so that game goes down as one of the best moments. The "WE WANT FIVE" chant is one i've always wanted to sing again at a game in the future.

My favourite moment as an ICT fan though was the build up to winning the first division both times, Beating Clyde away was one of the best feelings ever, and then actually winning the league on the last day of the season in such a nervy game against the saints was incredible and more recently i remember playing partick and i think we won to take top spot in the league after being so far behind. Nothing beats the build up to winning the title, The only thing i crave now as a ICT fan is another crack at Hampden and a chance to play some dodgy team from estonia in the european qualifiers who will most likely destroy us but it won't even matter because we've made it into Europe!

The worst moments for me haven't been the Semi final exits to Dundee and Dunfermline although they did hurt it was great to get to Hampden in the first place and we were the major underdogs both times. I would say the quarter final exits over the years have been far worse, Thinking that your one game away from going back to Hampden and then getting it snatched from you really is horrible. Games that spring to mind is the Partick 1-0 replay in the pissing rain after the amazing 2-2 game in Maryhill, Going to extra time with livingston and them sneaking it in the last minute before penalties and Ross Tokely being sent off against Ayr and eventually throwing it away 5-1.

I've given this topic a lot of thought and one of the main highlights for me was our first ever promotion, on 05/04/97 guaranteed by a 3-2 win over Montrose in a absolute downpour in Inverness. An Iain Stewart hat-trick, followed by a 4-1 win over Albion Rovers. If you had told us then what we would go on to achieve...............

Low points? Hard to look past our relegation - personally I watched it in a pub in Aberdeen with my friend as MrCaleyJag was at his brother's stag do - him phoning said friend to make sure I was ok being a strange memory of the day. Also have to agree with Yngwie when he mentioned the cup defeat to Celtic, as soon as Miller started his run you just knew he was going to score.