FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for St. Mirren

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

Here's my team for next weeks game against St. Mirren:

Fraser

Tokely                              Munro                                  McCaffery                            Hastings

Sutherland                                                Black                                                    Rankin

Niculae

Bayne                      McDonald

Subs:  Ridgers, Wyness, Wilson, Duncan, Cowie, Rankin or McBain       

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Fraser

Tokely Munro McCaffrey Hastings

Wilson Black Hart Rankin

Deano Niculae

Subs: Ridgers, Mcbain, Markus, Bayne, Duncan, Morgan & Zander

Were neither of you at the game today? Duncan has to play. So does Cowie. In fact both of you have made 4 changes even though we lost a tough away fixture to a soft injury time penalty. I would probably start with today's team.

Fraser

Tokely Munro Hastings

Duncan

Cowie           Black           Mcbain

Wyness         

Bayne  Niculae

:001: :001: :001: :001:

I have had my beer and wine.. I'm happy now!

That's no reflection on Bayne btw, just badly missed a in the box goal scorer.  Niculae, Bayne and Wyness all seem to do the same job and judging by the performance today Niculae has the full package although needs to get his fitness up.

What annoyed me about Caff today was his lack of determination, he has been given his chance and needs to step up to the plate but I saw him pu55ie out of at least 3 50/50 headers... Granty isn't that big either so we need at least one guy that can challenge in the air.  Last season Granty played more of a sweeper and cleaned up after Dods had done the nitty gritty stuff, we badly missed that today.

he works hard, tracking back and going forward and everything that was good today in the first half included him and Duncan in some part of the move... basically he does the simple things well and even managed to get a couple of crosses into the box.  :010:

It's a choice between him and Rankin, Rankin is excellent going forward but offers little going back and when things aren't going our way we need the guys that will offer more consistency. 

Same as today, I think, but have reservations:

Attack: can't quite decide whether Deano should get the nod over Dennis or not. Deano will be hungry if he gets a chance from the start but Dennis did have some great flashes and is also a confidence player - maybe he needs one more chance.

Midfield: The midfielders were great today when they played the ball on the deck - part of the problem was defenders punting the ball up too often and bypassing them. Rankin v McBain is tricky, but I think McBain did enough today to stay in. Cowie looks a good signing.

Defence: Unless we sign someone with experience, Caff stays in. I don't think he was as bad as some people have said today, although he seemed a bit unsure of his positioning early on.

BUT - While we can't keep f*nnying around with the starting line-up, Charlie MUST be prepared to make bold changes earlier. We have four strikers (not including Rory) all looking to be first pick, strong alternatives in midfield, and in particular, a winger in Zander who looks God-given to run at tiring defenders. One more week when we're not penetrating enough and no sign of Zander, and people will be getting really p*ssed off.     

If it was me I would bench Niculae and start off with Bayne and Wyness. That is becos I havent really seen what Deano is capable of.

I would keep Cowie,Black and Duncan but I would put Rankin in. As has been said we have little options in regard to the defence which really should have been sorted by now. Duncan gives it that little bit of solidity and dargo should be a known quantity.

Personally I'd start with yesterdays team but if its change thats needed then lets change the whole formation

Fraser

Caff     Munro     Kerr

Tokely                           Hastings

Cowie     Hart     Rankin

Niculae

McDonald

:hiding03:

Fraser

Tokely  Caff  Munro  Hastings

Cowie  Duncan  Black  Rankin

Niculae  D. McDonald

Subs

A McDonald

Sutherland - use him this time !!!

Wilson

McBain

Bayne

Wyness

Ridgers